“High Tea a big hit”

La Patio Cafe & Bar
Cuisines: European, Cafe, New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: La Patio is one of Palmerston North’s finest restaurants. The restaurant has a welcoming ambience and with refurbishments completed there is no better place to dine.
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I attended the Sunday afternoon High Tea at the Coachman and was blown away by the quality and attention to detail.

The food was dainty, delicious, and plentiful and I loved all the little extra details - from the piano player to the fine china and gorgeous linen.

The staff were friendly and attentive and it was a wonderful way to be thoroughly spoilt on a Sunday afternoon.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Staying in a motel and tired after work...I couldn't be bothered heading out. La Patio were professional on the phone offering advice on the menu; I selected the steak and YUM! Delivered bang on time, hot and delicious - cooked to perfection!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

They have a varied Menu not too expensive the decor' is nice. they sometimes have High Teas on a Sunday afternoon. very popular

Reviewed June 27, 2013

My wife and I called in here for lunch and what a supurise we had. We expected a typical hotel type snack bar food standard.
What we got was the best lunch we have had in New Zealand.
The service and food quality was by far the best I have encountered in the area.
I had a steak burger egg and fries and my wife had the seafood chowder along with two coffes each.
My steak was astonishing both in flavour size and overall presentation quality.
The chowder was very large very tasty and presented well. The coffe was as good as it gets so we had another each.

The staff could not have been more helpfull and the chefs skills would not be out of place cooking for royalty.

Total bill $47.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I really love the lunch menu these guys do here. Everything is under $20. I had a loin of lamb and the meat fell right off the bone and was so tender. My friend had a salad and found it was a little over dressed but still delicious. They have a beautiful outdoor area for the warmer months. My only suggestion is that at times the staff could be a but more attentive. A must try if you are in Palmy!