“Surprise!”
Review of Barista

Barista
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Open every day 8.00AM - 11.00PM Cafe by day, Bistro by night with Art and Music themes in the popular George Street boutique shopping area near the theatres, Te Manawa Art Gallery & museum, NZ Rugby Museum, City Council Chambers, Convention Centre and the Square.
Levin
“Surprise!”
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

The wife chose this location and I was dubious to say the least. Wow blew me away. Acknowledged straight away, excellent speed of service but the real surprise for me was the quality of the food at family restaurant prices. I did hear this place was a hidden gem.

• Korean first
Palmerston North, New Zealand
“Barista”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

This was a last minute earlyish dinner on a Friday evening and we hadn't booked. There weren't many tables vacant but they fitted us in. There was a variety of different table sizes to suit a couple to a largish group. The waiting staff were friendly and our meal came fairly quickly. I had beef salad which had plenty of steak slices, a variety of salad vegetables and a really nice dressing. We didn't have entres or deserts but other peoples looked delicious. They had a good selection of wine and beer. The prices were average for this area. I didn't pay but I'm pretty sure my meal was less than $20.

Palmerston North, New Zealand
“Take a Bow”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

After walking out of another restaurant where we had pre-booked, but were made to feel most unwelcome, we went around the block to Barista and asked if they could cater for 13 (yes thirteen!) Probus Club members walking in off the street with no booking - a big ask. After the initial shock, the answer was 'yes', and by the time we had all gathered, the table was set and everything organised for us. What's more, the food was delicious. The attitude was a complete contrast to the previous restaurant and we can't say enough for the service and courtesy we received. We will certainly be back again - but this time we will book in advance!

“Great coffee and food”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

This cafe is our first choice every time we visit palmy. It never lets us down the food is always good as is the coffee. And we love the environment.

New Zealand
“Great coffee and chips”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I have only popped in here twice during my stay but I had great coffee and tea both times and the shoestring fries with aoli.

All very good and their usual good service and decor.

Visited March 2014