“Best Coffee on George Street” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Barista

Barista
Cuisines: Cafe, New Zealand, European
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Open every day 8.00AM - 11.00PM Cafe by day, Bistro by night with Art and Music themes in the popular George Street boutique shopping area near the theatres, Te Manawa Art Gallery & museum, NZ Rugby Museum, City Council Chambers, Convention Centre and the Square.
“Best Coffee on George Street”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

I always have triple shots latte bowl when I have breakfast there. It is the best coffee on George street. The latte is fresh, creamy and well presented. Their cooked breakfast is also very nice, every ingredients are served hot instead of lukewarm. It's not easy to do so. The chef has to be very familiar and efficient with his job. Well done. One particular lady staff has very good service, has good manners, friendly and remember what I always have as a regular customer. This cafe also has good numbers of newspaper, so I can always be sure I will have a copy to read when I eat at the restaurant. Anyway, this is an excellent cafe and is highly recommended.

• Korean first
Palmerston North, New Zealand
“Different way of having fish and potatoes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

A friend and I enjoyed fish of the day on Sunday 2/3/14. The fish arrived on top of the potatoes, surrounded by sauce which had a base of balsamic vinegar, with cooked julienne vegetables sitting between the fish and potatoes. Superb. For dessert we enjoyed Creme Brulee, a treat from the Gods.

Palmerston North, New Zealand
“Warm Friendly Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

Meals are always very good but my Favourite part of Barista is the Pudding selection it is always worth a visit when a sweet craving hits. The service is always great weather its early in the morning, the Lunch time rush or late into the evening.

• Visited January 2014
Invercargill
“Beautiful Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

We have been here several times and the meals are always of a excellent standard. Staff are very friendly and welcoming. Thanks once again for a beautiful meal.

Napier, Hawke's Bay, New Zealand
“A meal we'll never forget”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

A colleague and I, in town for business, visited Barista for dinner. We'd read the reviews on Trip Advisor and were eventually persuaded to visit by another colleague who is a local. Holy moly - what a surprise. Can we say we had low hopes for culinary pleasure in Palmy North?
We had Salt and Pepper Prawns as a shared starter. Heaven on a plate. Then we went for the light meal option for mains. My colleague had the Beef Salad (tossed with fresh greens, pumpkin, cherry tomatoes, grilled haloumi, and splashed with a basil vinaigrette $23). I had the *Calamari Salad (tossed through with cherry tomatoes, mangoes, crispy shallots, peanuts, finished with a lime & ginger dressing, and topped with chorizo crumbs $22).
Dinner was eaten silently, in utter astonishment as to how good our meals were! We had sneaky tastes off each other plates. Look, we are both mega foodies and are fortunate enough to eat out regularly. Barista, is a splendid find.
Incredibly, for a a Monday night, the place was absolutely heaving (one big group of 35 business types and all the little tables full too).
The service was great, attentive, but not obtrusive.
But the food... oh the food! We managed to have a quick chat with the chefs to share our delight.
A job exceptionally well done - dare I say it, it's almost worth heading to Palmy North for a weekend away to dine in at Barista. It's a shame they don't open till 8am for breakfast, otherwise we'd be back in ten hours and I know what I'd order too! Thanks!

Visited February 2014