Hotel Coachman
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Destiny on Fitzherbert(Palmerston North)
View Hotel
Fitzherbert Castle Motel(Palmerston North)
Avenue Motel(Palmerston North)
Legends Motel(Palmerston North)
View Hotel
Palmerston North Motel(Palmerston North)
  • Restaurant
A'La Vista Motel(Palmerston North)
View Hotel
Cornwall Motor Lodge(Palmerston North)
View Hotel
Aubyn Court Spa Motel(Palmerston North)
View Hotel
Awatea Park Motel(Palmerston North)
View Hotel
All reviewsfree wifionsite restaurantspa poolbuffet breakfasthappily stay here againsized roommain buildingmini barcity centrestayed two nightsbusiness tripaccommodationroomyunitconferencenzrates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Stayed the first night with our son, wanted a larger room in the motel block so had to be at the front of building. Traffic too noisy. Second and third nights just my wife and I so we moved to the hotel. Cost a little more but well worth it. Much better maintained room, very quiet, nice outlook at back of building to a quaint backyard with water feature ... . Would return again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 17, 2014

The hotel is okay for a short stay. The rooms are nice and spacious but getting a little old. The hotel is a few minutes walk from the city square and shopping centre. It has underground parking, a small pool and a "gym". The gym was a big let down with some old cardio equipment and 1 machine. I also had a lot of problems connecting to the wifi even though I was in a room close to reception and in the wifi zone.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 9, 2014

So disappointed in our stay this year. Rooms were nice and up to standard. The first negative was on arrival. On arrival we went to the reception to pay in full for our 2 nights accommodation of 2 rooms. The guy on the desk mucked around and was not on the game. Told us our two room numbers then proceeded to give us different keys. Though he must of been confused when telling us the numbers. So off we went to find out 1 of the rooms was already occupied. back to reception we go to find out the right room. From then on it was problem free until the 2nd night of stay a room a few doors down had a party until 5.30am. Nothing but a call to their room was done to stop this or a visit to ask them to be quiet. I found this so appalling. never mind all the other guests that got ZERO sleep that night. Then the next day getting a phone call from the reception asking us for our credit card details so they could charge the room to us! We had paid when we arrived the amount in full. You should be refunding us our second sleepless night. Disappointing service all round.

Room Tip: Stay if you don't need sleep.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Sarah B
Michael H, Manager at Hotel Coachman, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay. We are very disappointed to hear that your sleep was disrupted during your stay by some unruly guests. I have checked into the matter with the Night Manager and he has given full details on the events of the evening and he also informed me that he was finally given no option but to warn the guests that they would be removed from the property if they could not control the noise.

Hotel Coachman wants to ensure all guests have a relaxing and comfortable stay while they are our guests in Palmerston North. Please accept our apology and feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss further, michaelhudson@coachman.co.nz

Reviewed January 13, 2014

My stay was booked by a travel agent and a standard room was requested, which I assumed was at the hotel. Surprise to me for it to be booked in the motel part of the complex, adjacent to the hotel. I was upgraded to a motel room suite. This was a small room decorated in safari theme complete with a 2 meter giraffe in the corner of the room, very unusual decor indeed!!!! For my second stay the travel agent also booked a standard room, which ended up again at the motel. When checking in I expressed my disappointment and I was upgraded to a hotel room. The room was very dark and decor needs an uplift. Staff are very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: When booking a room, be specific on requesting a hotel or a motel room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it gives us direction on what aspects of the property guests see the opportunity for us to improve. I am currently working on recommendations for the directors and I will make sure to talk through your suggestions. Please contact me at michaelhudson@coachman.co.nz if you have anything else you would like me to go over.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I stayed here for work about 3 weeks ago, and my company (who have an account) were originally quoted rack rate for a standard room. I rang back and managed to get the price down by $60, to what it should have been at the start. When I went to check in, I did not realize that the reception is a one part of this two part hotel. So if you are staying in the 'motel' part, you need to go to reception in one entry off the very busy road, and then go back to the motel section which is off another entrance. This is a trap for young players and you could conceivably park in one place and walk, but the two buildings do not seem to have a way to get through from one to the other! However, it was very quiet, the food was excellent (if pricey) and so was the bed. The bathroom decor is a little dated, but I didn't spend much time in there anyway!

Room Tip: Make sure you go in the correct entry for Reception is, or you could be playing musical cars!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Michael H, Manager at Hotel Coachman, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your experience with Hotel Coachman. We were pleased to hear that you were happy with the quality of your sleep, and thought the meals were excellent.

We will will use your suggestions to help our reception team make the reservation / check- in process more streamlined.

We hope to see you again in the future.