Hotel Coachman
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Destiny on Fitzherbert(Palmerston North)
View Hotel
Fitzherbert Castle Motel(Palmerston North)
Avenue Motel(Palmerston North)
Legends Motel(Palmerston North)
View Hotel
Palmerston North Motel(Palmerston North)
  • Restaurant
A'La Vista Motel(Palmerston North)
View Hotel
Cornwall Motor Lodge(Palmerston North)
View Hotel
Aubyn Court Spa Motel(Palmerston North)
View Hotel
Awatea Park Motel(Palmerston North)
View Hotel
All reviewsfree wifionsite restaurantspa poolbuffet breakfasthappily stay here againsized roommain buildingmini barcity centrestayed two nightsbusiness tripaccommodationroomyunitconferencenzrates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've stayed in the hotel before, which was fine, this time opted for a motel. The bathroom had been refurbished relatively recently, the bedroom lacked any privacy, the small kitchenette was serviceable but distinctly odd. The room (23, I think) simply was not clean. The parking is tight. The bed was not comfortable and I had to select my pillow carefully as some were well past their appropriate usage. The staff at the hotel are great ... I would not stay in the motel again.

Room Tip: Stay in the hotel, give the motel a miss.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
CoachmanPN, Manager at Hotel Coachman, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Thanks for your feedback. Our motel units are currently under renovation, so within the next few month all of the units should have been upgraded noticeably. We hope that we see you again in the future.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our first floor room has a queen and a single bed (a bit strange) and is clean but a bit faded and shabby around the edges. The most disconcerting part is that you can see a thin line of light from the room in the hallway along the length of the door, as though a flimsy piece of wood was fitted poorly next to the door. It doesn't give me a feeling of security, and there's no safe in the room. The bathroom is compact but fine, and appears to have been updated with a large glass bowl sink, but the high faucet is situated so close to the edge of the sink that it's hard to get your hands under the water unless you turn it on full force, in which case it splashes all over. Fine fixtures poorly executed. The shower is good, and the amenities are nice. The room has a refrigerator and separate tea and coffee makers, Toshiba flat screen TV. The front desk can be helpful depending on who you get. When we checked in and asked about the nearest pharmacy, we were directed by an unknowledgeable young man to a discount big box store first, and told if not there than we had to go a long ways to get to one. As it turned out we stumbled on our own into a pharmacy at the Mall only 1 1/2 blocks away. On the other hand, the ladies on duty the next day were quite helpful in making dinner reservations, checking on museum hours, etc. the hotel is an easy 5 minute walk to the main square of P alters ton North. All in all not a bad place to stay, the bed is comfortable, but not high end luxury.

Room Tip: I don't think there's an elevator, so stick to the first floor. It's quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I spent two nights mid-week while on a business trip and found the accommodation pleasant and and the staff helpful. The room overlooked the garden, was quiet and had everything I needed. Free wireless internet, plunger coffee available in the room along with the usual amenities.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I had to take a hotel room as the cheaper motel rooms were fully booked. This was a lucky break. The hotel rooms are roomy, clean and comfortable even though they are darkish due to being (newly) furnished in BROWN! It did live up to its four stars and the bonus was the excellent staff in all respects. Examples: they made me a frothy hot chocolate with the package from my room, even adding marshmallows, at no charge; and happily, when I smashed the coffee plunger by accident and left an apologetic note, I not only recieved a new plunger but a delightful note and an inquiry to check I hadn't cut myself; and no request was too much trouble. My firend had a motel room (also furnished in BROWN, which did have a mini kitchen but was definitely not up to the hotel room standard. Pleased I lucked out!!

Room Tip: The rooms upstairs are quieter and have a better outlook.
2  Thank mere50
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Had a very good night and enjoyed the free internet access. Staff were very attentive and the room was clean and comfortable. Great having the underground carparking. Convienient to town, an easy walk. The restaurant was great and I enjoyed the meal for both dinner and breakfast. I look forward to my return.