“A great Palmerston North restaurant”
Review of Melville House - CLOSED

Melville House
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 24, 2014

From the first time we ate here we kenw this place was something very special. We have been back a number of times and we have never been disappointed. We appreciate how good this place is more and more. All our guests that dined with us were highly impressed with the quality of the food and service. We never get tired of their food because there is always something different about each dish. If you are in Pslmerston North and enjoy good food this place is an absolute must to visit.

2  Thank AudreyChin

Reviewed January 14, 2014

The evening we spent at Melville House Restaurant with wonderful food and very attentive service.
The appetizer was superb followed by equally wonderful entree and mains. Our desert was personalized by the staff as a surprise for our wedding anniversary. They made our evening very special. Next time we are in Palmerston North we will go there again.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Our family of 5 went here and we all really enjoyed everything. All our meals were bought out at the same time and there was not a lot of waiting.
The food was amazing and the quantities are perfect. We all left feeling full and satisfied.
It is a pricier restaurant but definitely worth every cent. It was about $75 each for an entrée, main, desert and 2 glasses of wine, which I feel is good value.
All the food looks amazing and tastes even better. Everybody's meat was cooked perfectly and all the veges were delicious. It is not the sort of food that you can cook at home so it is worth going out for, and there is a good selection.
The service was good, the maître de and the waitress were both very attentive and knew what they were doing.
I highly recommend this restaurant, it is defiantly the best restaurant I have ever been too and I cant wait to go back again!

1  Thank Amy G
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I have eaten at Melville House twice now and really enjoyed both meals.
the food is really well presented and beautiful to taste.
the service is friendly and very attentive.
Definitely one of the best places to eat in Palmerston North.

1  Thank Michelle G
Reviewed December 4, 2013

The best meal I had for the last 2 month in New Zealand. Alberdeen was full, and they advice me to go to this restaurant. I'm happy it turned out that way! It's the kind of restaurant that offers you a choice of 3 starters, 3 mains and 3 desserts - all of them are perfectly balanced. I paid $61 for a main, a dessert and a glass of wine. The fish was perfectly cooked. A subtle mashed celery, some asparagus and a few carrots were the perfect side. I highly recommend to take their non-conventional dessert. I had a poached pear with frozen mascarpone, and some blueberries.
The quantity was perfect too: not too little, not too much.
If you are in Palmerston North and looking for good food, stop there.

1  Thank Jonathan433