“"A Good Nights Sleep"”

Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Palmerston North
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was by far the best complex I have stayed in "Palmerston North"
The + & -
- The breakfast was cold the selection was average, would of expected better,
courier van parked at the back door all night making it difficult to get bags in doorway.
Luggage trolley needs new wheels very to push.
Car parking, if you are not in early you miss out.
Glass of beer $8.00 was a bit rich.
Staff not wearing name tags or in uniforms , first impression guys.
Reported bedside lamp not working, still not working or fixed after two days.
+ Clean room, great linen, good nights sleep

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Rean V, General Manager at Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Dear Kevinandmorika

Thank you for taking the time to review following your recent stay at our hotel. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay - we often get great feedback about our comfortable beds. Since August we have upgraded our team member’s uniforms and including, making sure they all have name badges. We are also currently improving our F&B outlet, making it more presentable and more inviting to our guests. In regards to parking we have upgraded our parking area to make it more attractive and we have also due regular checks during the night on guest parking in front of the hotel.
Kind Regards
Rean vorster

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed in the Travelodge on 13th and 14th June. We recommend this hotel to anyone reading the reviews. Our room was spotlessly clean, the décor new and the bedding and bed sooo comfortable. The buffet breakfasts were delicious and we ate in the restaurant for the two nights. The meals were well presented and very tasty. All the staff were friendly and we will certainly have a stop over again!.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Digby234

Thanks for reviewing the hotel I am pleased you had a pleasant experience and the hotel suited your needs. It’s always good to get positive feedback from our guests. We do pride ourselves on our team friendliness, and I will pass you’re feedback on to our team

Kind Regards
Rean vorster

Reviewed July 1, 2013

No room service breakfast for a hotel - how does that work in this day and age for people traveling on their own!
Agree with previous review - lights are dim or don't work. Things are on the cheap - cheap light bulbs, cheap radio no docking station, thin towels, hard pillows.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Alicia R
Rean V, General Manager at Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Dear Alicia 18
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Travelodge Palmerston North. We appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience with us. Currently we are investigating the possibility to introduce Breakfast to room service and we are also in the process of upgrading all our lights within the hotel.

We welcome you back at your next visit to Palmerston North to see the great product that we have and the upgrade we have made since your last visit

Reviewed June 28, 2013

WE stayed here the night of 28th June and found the staff exceptional from the young ladies at check in to the lovely young lady in the breakfast room. Breakfast was superb as was the room and great water pressure in the shower. We will stay again soon. We got a great B&B rate of $125 online well worth it.

Dear Kyan Taihape
Thank you for taking the time to review following your recent stay. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our great team. We enjoy what we do and feedback such as yours certainly encourage us every day, so thank you for taking the time to share with us. We look forward to your return visit to the hotel

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed here on Sunday 23 June 2013 and Monday 24 June 2013, When I checked in the receptionist was wonderful . Then I walked into my allocated room (room 223) and found it to be very dim some of the light bulbs had blown which was no biggie. Then I looked at the bed and had my suspicions that it had not been freshly made, and then I saw the bedside tables had crumbs on them and were also very dusty so I was starting to think this room had not been cleaned. Then I noticed the floor had not been vacuumed. Then I thought I would check the minibar and low and behold there was a half filled bottle of coke the white wine was missing and then I thought hang on a minute I will get charged for this so I decided to go and let the front desk know so I would not be charged and also to let them know this room had not been cleaned. BUT THEN I THOUGHT I WILL CHECK THE BATHROOM !! I was not impressed at all the bathroom had not been cleaned the toilet was dirty and had big black hairs all over it. So that was it my thoughts were I am out of here. I went down to the front desk and told the young lady about my findings and suggested she go and check the room. Well I must say without hesitation I was upgraded and moved to another room (room 210) which was also a suite, thank you very much. This room was clean and very nice. The only problem I had was the room was freezing and the air conditioning was not working properly, I had it on 30degrees and it blew cool air all night, I told reception in the morning apparently maintenance had supposedly fixed it but no it was the same the next evening as well. I was freezing once again. I suggest your staff spend a night in this suite and you will then find out how cold it is.
THE POSITIVES the staff were excellent (except some cleaning staff) and the restaurant was excellent, their customer service skills are wonderful.
I own an accommodation business so I know how things work and also how important cleanliness is.
Regards
Lee-Anne

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Dear Leeanne 104

We always appreciate feedback from our guests even if it’s not great feedback; it gives us the opportunity to improve the product we offer for future guests. I have investigated the reason your room where not cleaned to our high standards and we have put in place new procedures to make sure we don’t let this happen again in the future. WE are also currently looking into new air con units for all our rooms that will have a bigger effect on the room temperature especially during the cold winter months.
Thanks again for taking the time to comment on your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Normally stay away from large accommodation like this BUT our stay was fabulous . From checkin and wonderful staff to room to lounge bar and meals.all 9/10. High recommendation. Pasta main, wonderful house bar and good whiskey selection. Flat Screen in Bar needing replacing and adding Mac Hot Rocker beer could squeeze you a 10/10. And try out the old lift after your wonderful sleep in what was a very comfortable bed for us. We will be back soon.

Dear KM
WE will look into our TV in the bar area and see what we could do to improve and we are please you enjoyed our selection on Whiskey

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Had a wonderful stay at Travelodge. Usually stay at other hotels and chose Travelodge. By far the best hotel in Palmerston North. Friendly helpful staff. Good parking. Close to some good restaurants. Will definately promote this hotel to my business friends and customers. I will be returning soon, so where I stay won't be an issue. Thanks to Jess who was very helpful. Thanks to everyone.

• Stayed: June 2013
Rean V, General Manager at Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Imepham
The team at Travelodge Palmerston North are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your warm comments regarding service. We will love welcoming you back to see that we do pride ourselves on continuous high level of service.