“Genuine Authentic Thai”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Oamaru, New Zealand
“Genuine Authentic Thai”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

It was so good to be in a real Thai restaurant and to experience beautiful, delicious, genuine Thai food. The service was impeccable and prompt but the best part was eating the authentic tastes of Thailand. Just brilliant service and food.

• Visited April 2014

Hawera, New Zealand
“Yum!”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

This is the second time I have visited the Thai Orchid Restaurant (last time two years ago). Again, we found the food to be delicious and the service outstanding. We were very happy with the dishes we chose, in particular the Pad Thai Prawns which were lovely. If you're looking for good Thai food in Palmerston North you can't go past the Thai Orchid Restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
Petrolia, Canada
“Caveat emptor”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Rainy night in Palmerston North, and dashed out to the restaurant after arriving in town-- we were in nearby hotel. My husband ordered a duck dish and I had a scallop curry. My husband, who grew up in a Chinese restaurant, realized the duck was chicken, and i found pieces of breading in my curry, obviously the scallops had been processed. We complained to the manager and had three dollars off the overly expensive bill. We were told it was a 'kitchen error'.

• Visited April 2014
Palmerston North, New Zealand
“Aniversary”
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Would recomend a visit to all who like Thai food, but must add is a little pricy for the experience.
We went back with the family for our second visit last night.
All four of us enjoyed our plentiful meals.
The mixed entrée we had was very tasty and good value.
I had Sweet & sour pork my wife had Pork oyster and the kids had Chicken satay. All four meals cooked perfectly and both starter and main delivered quickly by the well mannered staff.
Only problem was the price of the drinks. Basicaly all our soft drinks were £5 each.
A bit pricy and took the edge off the rating I have given.

Palmerston North, New Zealand
“Birthday dinner for my wife. Great food and service.”
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Went with the family for the wifes birthday.
We did not book and just walked in on chance.
We were seated at a nice table immediately and we ordered our meals after about five mins of viewing the very good menue.
Starter and main courses all arrived in equaly short time. Food quality was excellent.
Both my 13 year old twins along with the wife and I all enjoyed the food and pleasant atmosphere.
Was a bit pricy but not outrageous and to be expected for the good standards.
We will definitely go again.