“Absolutely Fabulous”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Absolutely Fabulous”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

From the rose gardens to the bush walks, miniature railway, cafe, mini zoo and pools, kids playground and ducks. This has something for everyone, and is always in tip top condition all year round. While the CBD may be the centre, the Esplanade is really the "heart" of Palmerston North.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Greenlane007

• Korean first
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Afternoon tea”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Good atmosphere and good weather for the beginning of winter and we were able to sit outside in the sun. Coffee and cake very good and of course the surroundings are great!

Visited May 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“wonderful for family with kids.”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The park is huge, with trains running in weekend. The play ground is fantastic, with varieties for fun. However, it will be good if more benchs are provided. There is also a mini bird park in the garden.

Visited October 2012
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Let Down”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This used to be a favourite place for me to go either on my own, with my husband or I would take my granddaughter after school for hot chocolate and a cake. When my husband and I were there for lunch one day it seem to take forever to get my lunch. There was nobody at the counter and I waited more than 20minutes. When I spoke to the owner about this he was very apologetic about it and gave me a complimentary $10 voucher and a free coffee for my next visit. Very nice I thought. I went back and used my voucher and was happy with the way thins went. On our next visit which wasn't that long after that we waited again for nearly half an hour and when the food came it wasn't hot. I pointed this out to the owner and he literally blew up and accused me of purposely complaining. Needless to say we haven't gone back an have told many friends why. Such a shame really because it was a favourite of ours and no longer is. We haven't been back and if we go to the park where the cafe is we take our own food.

Visited October 2011
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Victoria Esplanade”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Beautiful rose gardens (when in season), huge playground for kids, great Cafe, mini train for the kids to rise, awesome place to take kids on a Summer's day!

Visited September 2012