“Let Down”

Victoria Esplanade Gardens
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This used to be a favourite place for me to go either on my own, with my husband or I would take my granddaughter after school for hot chocolate and a cake. When my husband and I were there for lunch one day it seem to take forever to get my lunch. There was nobody at the counter and I waited more than 20minutes. When I spoke to the owner about this he was very apologetic about it and gave me a complimentary $10 voucher and a free coffee for my next visit. Very nice I thought. I went back and used my voucher and was happy with the way thins went. On our next visit which wasn't that long after that we waited again for nearly half an hour and when the food came it wasn't hot. I pointed this out to the owner and he literally blew up and accused me of purposely complaining. Needless to say we haven't gone back an have told many friends why. Such a shame really because it was a favourite of ours and no longer is. We haven't been back and if we go to the park where the cafe is we take our own food.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Beautiful rose gardens (when in season), huge playground for kids, great Cafe, mini train for the kids to rise, awesome place to take kids on a Summer's day!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

From the playground to the walkway along the river to the rose gardens to the cafe. There is something for everyone at the Esplanade

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Beautiful! Strategic location, next to the Manawatu River. It had a well-equipped children's playground, made me as an adult want to compete with the kids for a go! It also has an aviary if you're interested in looking at some birds. Just a very pretty place when the flowers are blooming.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Well worth a stroll around the gardens.Stop at the cafe for a cup of coffee and cake,or light lunch.