“Incredible”

Te Manawa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredible”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

I have visited Te Manawa many times and every time has been exciting in its own way! The staff are extremely cheerful and helpful and there is always something happening! My favourite visit happened just a few weeks ago when I took my Mum and Grandma in with me. It was such an amazing experience watching my grandma (who struggles with dimensia) play on Michael Parekowhai's piano by memory in the middle of the gallery, and then share stories as we wandered through the Rangitaane exhibition. Thank you Te Manawa for giving us that moment :)

Wellington, New Zealand
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great stop with the grandchildren”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Because another planned activity fell over I took my (pigeon pair, 5 & 7 year old) grandchildren to Te Manawa to fill in a couple of hours.
Of course, their tastes varied from mine, but all had an enjoyable and informative time.
I have requests from both to go back next holidays when we visit Palmerston North,

Palmerston North, New Zealand
“Urban pulse festival”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Stunning event with a large variety of local New Zealand's artists sharing there skill in a community forum for all to see and share in. This ranged from street mural artists, musicians, chalk art, painting from life, a wide variety of live music, pole dancing, face painting and so much more is well worth a visit next year as every year it becomes bigger and better than the last.

“Te Manawa”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Within the heart of the Manawatu there's an excellent place to visit 'Te Manawa'. It's the local Museum/Art Gallery that features both contemporary and classic exhibits. Though a medium sized space as compared to the main centers, Te Manawa still houses some pretty major shows and many exciting smaller events. Attending a recent opening (three shows at the same time) the atmosphere and work was rich and exciting. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience.
Te Manawa tackles a diverse range of topics, targeting pretty much all ages. I thoroughly recommend a visit.

Visited March 2014
Palmerston North, New Zealand
“Immersive”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Went to the musical performance of Rob Thorne, Phil Dadson and Enrique Siques. Unbelievably awe-inspiring.

Visited March 2014