“The Best”

City Corporate Motor Inn
Auckland, New Zealand
“The Best”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

This motel is just awesome and we wouldn't stay anywhere else, if staying in Palmerston North.
First of all, as other guests have mentioned, John & Jan are fabulous hosts. Nothing is to much trouble and they go out of their way to make you feel at home, with personal touches, such as home made cookies. The accommodation is perfect, with high quality linen & toiletries and the bed was so comfortable. Having a spa bath in the suite is an added bonus which makes this place a special place to stay. We had no trouble with noise, even though the motel is situated on a main road, as the windows are all double glazed. We would not hesitate to stay here again and highly recommend City Corporate Motel to all.

Room Tip: All suites are awesome
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Wellington
Reviewed August 14, 2012

This motel is amazing - it has the only bed I can sleep in with great linen and pillows.
John and Jan are great hosts. Everything is super linen and of a high standard.
Avoid all other motels in Palmerston North and stay here!

Room Tip: They are all good as they are sound proofed
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed at Corporate City Motor Inn while on a Massey University block course last week. Usually I would have gone for something cheaper but thank goodness I made the decision to pay a bit more for this place. By far, John and Jan were the best hosts and our room was the best I had experienced while on any other block courses. I have not stopped recommending this place to fellow students as well as my friends and family. There is no way I'll stay anywhere else when I'm next in Palmy. Thanks again John and Jan for making me feel so at home and comfortable. Your service is top-notch and has left me with nothing but good memories for my time spent in Palmerston North :)
Verena

• Stayed August 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed August 11, 2012

As below, everything was perfect - amazingly comfy beds, so clean, lovely little touches such as the baking, and it was all so quiet, luxurious and friendly. John provided my friend and I with lifts to the university each morning, as well as an extra student work desk and a portable cooktop to accomodate our vegan diets that would have fared poorly with just a microwave! They really do go above and beyond for their guests and if I can afford it solo next time I'm in Palmy, there really is nowhere else I would want to stay :) Thank you!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
wanganui
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I chose this place because of the ratings here. I totally agree with all the other reviews so i wont repeat things. Been made to feel welcome & being offered to look at a room first was great. Compared to other Palmy motels this is top of the price range but cheap compared to Wellington prices. You will not be disappointed. We will return there & i will recommend to my friends & family.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Tauranga, New Zealand
Reviewed April 20, 2012

From the moment we arrived we felt we were treated as valued customers. The owner, John, was very welcoming. The rooms are nice and modern with quality furnishings. Big black leather recliners add to the comforts in the room. And a spa too.
The beds are soft and spacious. We had what appeared to be a super king size bed.
The motel is located on Fitzherbert Avenue on the southern side of the city square. You could walk to town but I guess it'd take a good 15 to 20 minutes to do so. In reality your own transport is desirable if you plan to go to and from the city for shopping, restaurants etc.
This is such a nice place to sray at.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed April 14, 2012

The service provided by the owners is superb! This includes the lovely breakfasts, the offer of lifts to the airport and to your workplace, the slice or cookie in the room (different each day - yum) ... My colleague and I choose to stay there whenever there are rooms available as it is like being welcomed back by friends.

The rooms are spotlessly clean and the decor is elegant. I can't imagine finding a better motel in NZ!

Room Tip: I've stayed in a number of the rooms and would be happy to go back to any of them.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business