“Short but sweet stay”

Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Palmerston North
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Short but sweet stay”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Called to make booking over the phone, Bronwyn was very friendly and efficient. I really liked the fact that she said she would have 'my little home waiting' for me. On arrival easy check in and taken straight to my room (they had accommodated me checking in nearly 2.5 hours early due to attending a wedding, no extra cost). Studio room was simple and very clean. Great sleep, very comfortable bed. A little further down Fitzherbert street than I expected but very easy to catch Bus or Taxi. Once again check out a breeze and Bronwyn wiped the cost of the phone call I had made. It is these little touches that really make great accommodation. Would highly recommend if you want comfort, a great nights sleep and exceptional service.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 2. No road noise = Great sleep
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
WehaveAhome4you, Owner at Harringtons Motor Lodge, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
It was just a shame you didn't have enough time for a bit of 'shut eye' before the wedding.... Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments. Pleased you enjoyed your home with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Auckland
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed at Harringtons on Friday 20 July 2012. When booking I asked Bronwyn if the unit had a stove where I could heat our lasagne dinner. There was no stove in the room but she said she would heat the dinner for us. Sure enough on our arrival we were told that the oven was on and ready to go! What wonderful service. The rooms were clean and tidy and the bed very comfortable. On the morning of our departure our car was frosted over but no problems as Keith was outthere washing it down for us. We would definitely stay there again

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
WehaveAhome4you, Owner at Harringtons Motor Lodge, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
The lasagne looked delicious! Many thanks for taking the time to make this response. Pleased you enjoyed your stay.
Cheers
Keith and Brony
Wellington New Zealand
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I stayed at Harringtons on Monday 16 July 2012 after searching Palmerston North for a one night business stay. Money is not an issue but value for money is. I couldn't justify paying $185 for a night at other places in PN compared to hotels in say Auckland like Sky City Hotel for less. So after reviewing Trip advisor I chose Harringtons at $125 for a room, Continetal breakfast and use of ther Freyberg Lido gym.

This was excellent vlaue for money and I would return.

I checked in with Kieth and when he offered me calci trim or blue top milk, I commented that I we use light blue at home. Five minutes later he arrives with a jug of light blue. Wow.

The owners Keith and Bronwyn engaged in conversation and were perfect hosts. I've stayed at a lot of hotels and motels in NZ and overseas and often the reception is there to take your money and once that's done that's it. Not with Harringtons. There service was very exceptional and helpful.

As for the road noise. A few trucks but that's life. It didn't bother me.

The room. Not 5 star as a few years old but everything worked, was clean and tidy and the bed was very comfortable.

Flat screen tv was good and they had 3 sky sports and the racing channel. A big plus for me as many htoels do not have the racing channel.

And the Continetal breakfast. a very good selection and tasty. The mellow puff was a nIce touch but didn't last 'til breakfast.

I comment Keith and Bronwyn on being what I consider exceptional hosts.

Room Tip: I like being able to park in front of the unit.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Dannevegas
WehaveAhome4you, Owner at Harringtons Motor Lodge, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Many thanks for your feedback - we are pleased you enjoyed your visit.
Life has taught us that it takes more than one to form a relationship and positive guests make for an enjoyable experience for ourselves also. Thank you.
This guest booked our Corporate Special online deal (limited availability). This included a free continental breakfast and pass to the Lido Aquatic Health and Fitness centre.
Cheers, Keith and Brony.
Geelong, Australia
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Very welcoming hosts, great size room, excellent bathroom and kitchen facilities.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Appreciate your feed back. Trust the rest of your holiday was all that you expected it to be.
Wish you both well - Go the Cats!
Regards
Keith and Brony
christchurch
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Nice size rooms, friendly service close to town centre

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Appreciate you taking the time to post this review. Many thanks for your comments.

Kind regards
Brony
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I stayed for two nights recently while attending a course at the nearby Massey campus.

I initially selected it primarily due to its location, as it was an easy walk up to Massey and into the city.

The room was clean, very tidy and was exceptionally quiet given its proximity to the road. It was a little more costly than I would have ideally wanted to pay and in comparison to what you would pay in a larger tourist town for something similar.

I'll be staying again though, as the hosts, Keith and Browyn were very helpful, even when there was a mix up with a breakfast, they were gracious. Many larger hotels could learn a lot from been good hosts from these folks.

Recommended to all.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
WehaveAhome4you, Owner at Harringtons Motor Lodge, responded to this review, April 29, 2012
HI Brady, appreciate you taking the time to post your review and thank you for your recommendation. We will pass your comments onto our team.

We note that you booked through an online booking site who charge up to 15% commission. Our rates are very reasonable for a Qualmark 4 Star property and we cannot absorb all of this commission. Sadly we have to increase our rates on these sites.

Tip: Next time can we suggest you book direct with whoever you are staying with.
Hawera, New Zealand
Reviewed April 12, 2012

The hosts at Harringtons are wonderful - so welcoming, friendly and helpful that you feel like you are staying at a home away from home. They are attentive to your every need and go above and beyond, making what might be an average stay at a motel something more. Clean, fresh rooms with everything you require inside - and very spacious. Great location, very close to Massey University and the city itself. Was not disturbed by the traffic noise even though I stayed on the side closest to the main road. Thank you for such a pleasant stay in Palmerston North!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
WehaveAhome4you, Owner at Harringtons Motor Lodge, responded to this review, April 21, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post this review. Your feedback is important and we appreciate your comments. Pleased to hear your stay was everything it should be. Cheers, Keith and Brony.