“Overnight Stay”
Review of The Villas

The Villas
Ranked #24 of 25 Hotels in Palmerston North
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I was in Palmerston overnight and decided to try the Villas as it was close to where I was attending a family Birthday. Arrived at reception and was met by a welcoming smile and Shortbread biscuits(Nice touch and I love shortbread) very efficient and friendlay. The room was great 2 single beds nice large bathroom and shower. The room was well setup and was very tidy and I felt right at home. I did not try the restaurant or the fitness centre. I would definitely stay at the Villas again. Great Staff ....awesome.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Randall Mete S

Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed at the Villas earlier this year. We stay because of it ranking on trip advisor and the great photo of the complex. The room we stayed it was a one bedroom spa unit, it was very clean but was definitely out dated the couch of the lounge was one of the most uncomfortable couches I have tried to sit on. However apart from those to things it was a good stay but I probably won't come back because I prefer to stay in more modern motels.

Room Tip: Ask to see the rooms before you book. They may have nice rooms however the one we had was a little o...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed here on way north. From the outside it looks nice and close to center. The room was old, but kept clean. The spa was disgusting, there was a very bad smell from the Jacuzzi so we didn't use it. The ping-pong table had broken rackets and other gaming stuff were in very bad condition as well. The dryer didn't dry even after 4 cycles. This place was obviously nice once and could be again with better maintenance and some room renovations.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We recently stayed here on our way from Wellington to New Plymouth. The staff are really friendly and the homemade shortbread on arrival really melted in the mouth! The room was dingy and dated you would think you had stepped back into the 1970’s. The seats were worn and sagging.
The bathroom had a curtain that looked like it should have been replaced a long time ago.
Most of the lights didn’t work; two or three bulbs didn’t light.
We settled in as it was only one night, then we noticed there were more guests than just us as something started scratching inside the wall and roof space.
We alerted the reception who apologised and said they would move us to the executive suite!!
So we packed up all or stuff and moved over. The shower room was tired with the sealant around the shower really in need of updating. The grout on the walls was grubby and full of mildew. For the kitchen dishes there was only one dinner plate, so having a meal for one was the only option. I ended up having my meal out of the bowl. The settee was badly stained and rather beaten. TV, well I thought that there was no CRT TV left and the world had moved on to Flat screen, but not this place. I’m glad we only booked a one night stop. The executive room came with a Spa outside the rear door but we didn’t bother as we couldn’t guarantee the cleanliness after the other bits and bobs we had already found.
Well if this is the best Palmerston North can offer then the visits of the 21st century traveller will suffer I’m sure.

Room Tip: if you want to step back in time to the 1970's stay here . if not avoid at all cost !!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed 4 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Fantastic service and always friendly if we had a query. The heated pool was a bonus for the kids as was the games room. The room was clean and comfy and the spa was great. Overall made for a fun getaway and we look forward to staying again in the future.

Room Tip: Nice and quiet in the executive rooms
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Janet and the team were excellent! I made up my mind of choosing to stay here after the fantastic service I received via phonecalls and emails. My sister-in-law was getting married so we had the bridal party and family/friends stay in the executive villas, the rooms are spacious, very clean, the spa is awesome. Great service and very accomodating, they really do make you feel welcome. Thank you for making the wedding experience for all our family and friends that much more enjoyable :) Will definately be booking with you guys again in future.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The villas are a series of grouped units set amongst pretty gardens that were certainly looking their best in the Spring. The welcome shortbread was also a great change from usual motel pre wrapped biscuits.

The unit was clean although a little dated especially in the bathroom - a mould free shower curtain would have been nice.

The biggest problem was that the units seemed to have no sound insulation. I was lucky enough over the 4 nights I was there to have very quiet, considerate neighbours but I could easily hear their quiet conversation, turning on of taps, microwave etc. There was a locked door, which could be used as a connecting door if you booked the 2 units and everytime, the neighbours walked passed it, it sounded like they were about to walk in.

Location was good, across the road from service station for supplies, nice stroll into town, where various restaurants on George Street were tried and enjoyed.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business