“One of the best.”

Camelot Motor Lodge Palmerston North
New Plymouth, New Zealand
“One of the best.”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

My hubby is a rep.Now and again I take a week off work and travel with him.I have stayed several times with him at Camelot. A lovely spotless motel with awesome friendly hosts.I have worked and also run motels periodically so know just where to look for hidden fluff and stuff but could never ever fault the cleanliness at Camelot.As far as management is concerned, I can thoroughly recommend Peggy and Willie as being the most hospitable couple I have stayed with.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New Plymouth, New Zealand
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Like Shona B I too have been coming to the Camelot Motor Lodge for the last 5 to 6 years.
Willy and Peggy are one of the best hosts I have had the pleasure of dealing with.They are very helpful and accommodating and you are guaranteed the best start to your day with a Willy mean as breakfast.The motel is handy to town and reasonably quiet.You are also guaranteed a safe and secure environment at Camelot.Through my company I have had many a colleague stay at Camelot and they have all commented on the helpful staff there and the mean as breakfast.This motel has been a home away from home on many occasions and Willy and Peggy made me feel part of the family.I would not hesitate to recommend Camelot Motor Lodge to any of my friends family and work colleagues.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Napier, New Zealand
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I have been staying at the Camelot for over five plus years now on at least a monthly basis. I am extremely fussy with the cleaniless of were I stay and have never had an issuse here.
The rooms are always clean and sparkling and very homely and have very little road noise compared to other Palmerston North motels - the baths in the one bedroom units are great!
Willie and Peggy are wonderful hosts and are extremely friendly and helpful and have a very loyal corporate business due to the fact the motel is extremely clean and they are great hosts. I have certainly never had any privacy or security issuses here.
And add bonus is that Willie cooks an awesome breakfast too!
As someone that travels every week I would highly recommend Camelot, Willie and Peggy go out of their ways to make everyone feel welcome.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Don't bother stopping at this place keep driving the pictures on the website are deceiving its dirty and unclean the doors on the rooms didn't even lock properly hows that safety for you the owner is very rude,unfriendly and unhelpful he thought it was ok to let himself in to my room without knocking or any notice in advance he gave you no privacy he didn't even think there was anything wrong with it when i approached him about it he said he was doing his job more like being a nosy pervert!! Worst of all while we were staying there our room and others there were broken into and our documents were taken our id's passports and phones while we were out to tea we were disgusted by the way he handled the situation it was like he didn't even care we thought it was him or someone he knew who did it he shouldn't even be running a business hes very dodgy and i would not in a million years recommend this a place to stay while in palmy.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank rosa r
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a week due to business, was paid from my new company. I have never felt such disrespect staying at a motel. The place was dirty, the sheets didn't smell clean, the dishes were only half washed! But that was not the worst of it. The manager of the motel felt it was appropriate to walk in whenever he saw fit with only two minor knocks. No privacy at all I was shocked especially due to my wife being there alone at times. We were encouraged to vacuum our own room and received endless smart comments regarding unwashed plates, which was just a small scale of disrespect I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone the man seems like he is nice at the start but has a horrible attitude and personality towards his guests I am very disgusted and disappointed and would urge everyone to chose anywhere else in this area.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank inarad23
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed January 20, 2014

A good experience that started with the booking. Willie took my details over the phone and I knew instantly that I'd enjoy my stay here. Its a well situated within the CBD. The motel is priced at a similar level to many other Palmerston North Motels but its location is what makes it my preference.

Room Tip: The studio's are large. Ask for a room at the rear of the complex to avoid any road noise. I had...