“Fantastic Apartments”

Quest Palmerston North
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I don't usually write reviews, but my experience last night was so good I felt like I had to share it!
I booked this hotel last minute as I was travelling through Palmerston Nth on the way to Auckland. All I needed was somewhere to stay the night, but got so much more than I expected.
When I arrived and asked about availability, the receptionist was efficient and quick at sorting me out, despite the fact there was a line of people needing her attention. She was also cheerful and genuine, despite the amount of pressure she must have been under to attend to us all.
When she gave me my key, I went up to my room. The cleanliness of the hotel is truly stunning, not a particle of dust to be seen anywhere. When I opened the door to my room, I was just enchanted by the gorgeous set up of the room - in my line of work, I know rather a lot about design, and these rooms obviously had a lot of thought put into them. Even though it was only a 'stopover' for me, I also found the location to be perfect - right around the corner from a supermarket where I could grab some food. When I came back I stopped by reception again to ask about Sky channels. They didn't have the channel I wanted (maybe the one small flaw of my visit) but I had a good chat to the receptionist - even though I've never met her before, she was so genuine that it was like an old friend! So in summary, this hotel has fantastic service, is excellent value, and I would love to stay here again! Quest, I will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Square.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Sam J
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Dear Sam J,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review Quest Palmerston North.

Thank you for your kind feedback about our team member Sarah.
She is only new to the Quest Palmerston North team and I know that she has taken great encouragement from your feedback.

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our apartments, it is always great to hear that we are on the right track.

Once again I would like to thank you for your feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you back agin next time your travels bring you to Palmerston North.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 2, 2012

In regard to the other reviews on here regarding this hotel i found the studio apartment perfect for two, really clean with a nice view of the square. All new appliances and the bathroom was modern and a great size shower. Air Con made it just as warm as you wanted or just as cool.
As for noise ..you could hear a little bit of noise from the neighbouring bar but more like white noise and nothing that would keep you up if you were an average sleeper.
Sure the t.v was a bit small but fine for just watching tv in bed on a saturday morning and not needing a 3Dexperience
The staff were really helpful and friendly and they even let us have a late check out last minute.. really accomadating :)

Room Tip: Room 209 was great ...maybe if you got a few floors up but in the same corner it might be a bit quie...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shellosh
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Dear chiefnslave,

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback about your recent stay at Quest Palmerston North.
It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for your kind comments on our staff. We do pride ourselves on our customer service and are pleased to hear that we are on the right track.
We look forward to welcoming you back again next time your travels bring you to Palmerston North.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

I didn't really like this place. Lacked atmosphere and heating was difficult to get right. The apartment was a very odd layout with a pokey bedroom but large bathroom. Tea, coffee supplies were minimal and no service at night to get extras. Appreciated free wireless though

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BeanzNZ
questmanager, Owner at Quest Palmerston North, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review Quest Palmerston North.

Due to the location and design of the building, the atmosphere can differ to other hotels; however we strive to provide warm, friendly and personalised service to all our guests.
Our reception hours are Monday – Friday 7am-9pm, weekends and Public Holidays 8am-7pm. We encourage guests to contact reception during these hours, should they require extra amenities or have any questions.
Once again, I would like to thank you for your feedback. Your comments are a valuable way of helping us evaluate and improve our service and I appreciate your honesty.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

Staff well trained with dealing with Hotel users. A very clean room with a good view.

Room Tip: Right in town but nil outside noise. Handy to shops and food outlets.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank burger1948

Thank you for your kind feedback regarding your stay with us at Quest Palmerston North.
We strive to provide professional, warm and friendly service to all our guests and it is great to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Quest Palmerston North when your travels return you to the area.

Reviewed March 24, 2012

I stayed in a fourth floor room which was dark, and had no opening windows, and was dark and stuffy.The only window there was was in a corner of the lounge and didn't let much light in. There was no window or natural ventiliation at all.

Tea, coffee and sugar were pretty limited, and I really can not understand why fresh milk is not provided instead of theose nasty UHT pots.

The loung and kitchen area was very cramped, and the TV was far too small, compared to what is available in other motels. A lack of a bath is a huge factor, especially if you work away from home a week at a time like me.

I can't understand why the Quest does not provide free internet access. It's available free all over the world, and international travellers come to expect it.

Personally, I wouldn't stay here again for all of the above reasons. Sadly this is my second bad experience at a Quest property, and it looks like I may be avoiding them altogether in the future.

Room Tip: One to avoid in my opinion..............
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Andy G
questmanager, Owner at Quest Palmerston North, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us at Quest Palmerston North and for allowing me to address your concerns.

Due to the design of the building, our rooms do vary in lay out. Some of our rooms have smaller windows which unfortunately do not open. As natural light can be compromised we have fitted our rooms with extra lighting. Each apartment is fitted with a fresh air circulator and two heat pumps so you can adjust the climate to your liking.

We have apartments with baths in them which are great for relaxing in after a long day. If you would like a bath in your room in the future please request ‘spa apartment’ or mention it to our reservation team and we will ensure your preferred room is booked.

Quest provides a Pantry Shopping service for all guests, simply request any grocery items during business hours before your arrival and we will buy the items for you and have them waiting in your room for your arrival. Quest will also keep your pantry stocked up during your stay. For your convenience we also have fresh milk available for purchase in our snack and drinks fridge in reception. We are also located two minute walk from a supermarket which is open daily till midnight.

Thank you for your feedback on this subject as we are always looking for ways to improve our services.

We value your custom and will do everything in our power to provide a restful and enjoyable stay at our property. We do hope that you return to Quest Palmerston North should your travels return you to Palmerston North.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Good location for being able to walk everywhere. Only negative was our alarm clock went off at 6am. Good value for money.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kiwi10Nz

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us at Quest Palmerston North. Your comments are a valuable way of helping us evaluate and improve our service and I appreciate your honesty.

I apologise that your alarm clock went off unexpectedly. I have spoken with our housekeeping team on the importance of resetting the clocks so the alarms set by previous guest are not active.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

We had 3, 1 bedroom apartments here on Saturday night. The rooms varied emmensly. My daughter's room was very dark & small compared to the other two. The girl on the front desk at check in was simply not vey interested in answering any of our questions. She wasn't rude, just bored looking and didn't smile. We couldn't get parking as it was full, so had to park on the street ( our fault as we should have preorganised this.) The noise from the bar accross the road kept two of the rooms occupants up till the wee hours. The location is good and very close to shopping.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank willtravel44
questmanager, Owner at Quest Palmerston North, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2012

Due to the design of the building, our rooms do vary depending on what side of the building you are on. One of your rooms was an upgrade to our larger one bedroom apartments and this room would make the others seem smaller in comparison.

It was the Superstock Teams championship in Palmerston North on the weekend you stayed and the town was a lot nosier than usual. The rooms you were allocated in are not normally affected by noise and I apologise for the inconvenience. Guests are also encouraged to contact the manager with any noise complaints so they can be dealt with immediately.

I am disappointed to hear of your experience with our front office team member. We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service with warm and friendly staff. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the unsatisfactory service you received.

We value your custom and will do everything in our power to provide a restful and enjoyable stay at our property should you have the need to return to us in the future.