“Two of the best meals I have had!”

Katch-Up Seafood Grill & More
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Katch-Up at the top end of Margaret River is the only seafood restaurant in town and offers upmarket, casual dining. With its nice, large al fresco area and a cosy stone fireplace Katch-Up has evolved to a new Margaret River favourite. The team of highly qualified European chefs are passionate about creating innovative dishes highlighting quality fish and seafood with changing specials. Their commitment to using local and seasonal produce is of primary importance. Besides seafood and fish, Katch-Up offers a variety of meat dishes and vegetarian options and also caters for special dietary requirements. One of Katch-Up's all-time favourites are the marron, the highly appreciated and sought after fresh water crayfish native to Australia's South West, which is served as an entrée as well as a main course. However, to indulge into a unique and unforgettable seafood treat, Katch-Up's legendary 'Seafood Platter for Two' with two whole Donnybrook marron, one in the cold and one in the hot section, is a must. Katch-Up is fully licensed. The wine list created by owner Silvia Koehler, a former Swiss wine importer, offers a great variety of Western Australian wines and some fine drops from Europe and New Zealand. It is the foremost goal of the kitchen and floor team to make guests feel welcome and at home and to fulfil all their needs and wishes where possible. Katch-Up is the winner of the 2017 'Readers Choice Award' for Seafood of the Australian Good Food and Travel Guide.
Perth, Australia
“Two of the best meals I have had!”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Over the Easter weekend I took my friends from Geelong here as I had been once before when it first opened. Boy had it changed since then! The food was great when I was there in November 2013, in the short time it has matured and evolved. We enjoyed it so much we booked in for dinner the following night! I had a entree prawn dish as I was looking for something light and was jealous of the steak and seafood pasta my friends were eating. My goodness the steak was divine! So much so I ordered it the following night while my friends had the seafood platter. We sat outside the first night and inside the second, both places Silvia, Patrick and Zac were all so attentive to our needs and went above and beyond. I am looking forward to my next trip down so that I can continue to sample the menu!!

• Visited April 2014

“Great food and great service ”
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Just enjoyed a lovely meal at Katchup. The service was friendly and professional, and the food excellent. Will be coming back for sure.

“Fantastic meal with great service”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

We went to Katch-up as it was one of the closest restaurants to where we were staying, and reasonably priced. You can even bring your own! Three of us had miss piggy goes fishing burger, and four months on we are still raving about it!

Visited January 2014
Zurich, Switzerland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome seafood, great atmosphere and lovely, attentive service!”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

My fiancée and I stumbled into this place on Easter Sunday eve and were very pleasently surprised by the experience. We had the King Prawns as a starter followed by the Seafood Risotto and the Barramundi. Everything was cooked to perfection and served in a lovely atmosphere and by attentive staff. Thanks for this great evening!

• Visited April 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Nice place”
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

I really loved this place. It has a simple decor however the staff are so friendly and helpful. My dinner (salmon) was amazing and cooked perfectly. My husband had the home made pasta which he didnt really love. He found the texture very different to what he is used to. It is BYO alcohol which is great as you can bring in the wines from your visits to the wineries. Definitely worth a visit.