“No # 1 in my book!!”

Prideau's of Margaret River
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Margaret River
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We arrived in MR without a booking and decided on this two night business visit to try Prideaus... which I had walked past on previous visits... we like to try different places each time we come down. Well.....we were blown away!!!

We arrived about 6.15pm and simply did as instructed by the notice on the door - phoned the number provided on the sign on reception door. We were offered their very last room, an upstairs studio with spa bath.
Now normally I would ask to view the room first (getting a little picky in my old age) but to save the lovely lady (Trudy) who I was talking to on the phone, the drive in from her house to show us through, we just took the gamble and paid over the phone and she gave us the key box combination to get into our room.
We were absolutely rapt when we stepped through the door to find a stunning, spacious, stylish, refurbished, light, bright, airy, clean and welcoming room.

Prideaus is located right in the township at the top end just off the main road. Although we did hear a little traffic...this is obviously to be expected when next to the main street...but nothing to really annoy us. The bed was sooooo comfortable, the room was extremely clean (my highest priority), the facilities were all you required...and I took the time to relax in the luxurious spa bath, something I usually don't make the time to do. The little re-chargeable candles for round the bath were a special little bonus. Although we had no need to use the free laundry service this is a nice add on.
We do understand the concept of self-contained and so washing a couple of cups and glasses is entirely acceptable and also there is the choice to place a 'service my room' sign on the door if required.

Sadly they were fully booked the next night as we would love to stayed a second night. We now know to book in advance and... I have no need to continually try different accommodation having now found my perfect place to stay on our 2 night visits to beautiful Margaret River.

I just couldn't fault my stay in Room 6, at this establishment.

Room Tip: Room # 6 is a Studio with Luxury Spa Bath, upstairs, no balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JazzyPerth

Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband and I recently spent a long weekend at Prideaus. It was our second visit and we were just as pleased with our stay as the first time. If you want to be right in the centre of Margaret River this really is the stand out choice. We only booked a basic room this time, but found it to be extremely spacious, clean and well furnished. The hotel management were great - friendly and very helpful. The location is fantastic, just behind the main shopping and dining areas (but still very quiet) and the room was very good value for money. We greatly enjoyed our stay and are looking forward to our next stay here in a few months time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kayt83
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed here over a long weekend in a downstairs private courtyard suite.The Spa bath was so lovely and I love the way the rooms are designed with glass around the bathroom areas instead of walls- it means you can watch telly whilst in the spa :D Right on the edge of town, minutes to walk anywhere in the 'township' area (along bussell hwy) Parking is provided. Rooms are clean,bright and everything you need is provided. Make sure you get to settlers tav for a feed and a bevy. The burgers across and up the road from the tav are also super tasty.

Room Tip: Bring down some food with you, as most rooms have kitchette/kitchen facilities.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jammin48
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stayed at Prideau's for a quick getaway with friends. Our accommodation was a beautiful 2 story townhouse with a spa. Right in the centre of Margaret River and walking distance to great restaurants and bars.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Enjoyed our stay, the staff were very helpful and friendly. Prideau's is very well located a block off city centre and has great access to all points of Margaret River. Rooms were clean and good for a two night stay. Recommendations for food and activities were spot on, thanks for a nice stay.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cprrogers1
Prideaus, Owner at Prideau's of Margaret River, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

thank you so much for taking the time to submit your review, also for staying with us at prideau`s accomodation, we look forward to seeing you again,
warm regards david & sandy

Reviewed July 28, 2012

The accommodation was lovely, nice big room, comfortable bed, clean. I booked this place mostly because of the spa in most rooms (which I enjoyed every night). The owner greeted us when we arrived and was very helpful, suggesting a few things to see and do.

The only downside for me was traffic noise. Fantastic location for being near everything in town, but this came with a down side of loud traffic noise that meant I didn't get to sleep in. However, maybe I am just a light sleeper, as others here reviewing here do not seem to have the same comments. Not too much the owners can do about this apart from installing double glazing? (We were in room two, upstairs and away from the main road).

So, if you are a light sleeper and want to sleep in, maybe think of going a bit further away from the main road, but otherwise highly recommended.

Room Tip: Maybe ground floor would be quieter?
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda P
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This was the best hotel room we've stayed in on our travels. The spa bath was fantastic and the luxurious bedding was so comfortable. We had a lovely relaxing night and great sleep. I'll stay here again and highly recommend it to others. The owners were lovely and helpful and gave us plenty of information on the local attractions.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple