“Relaxing & luxurious”

Hidden Valley Forest Retreat
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My hubby & I were looking for somewhere private, quiet comfortable & relaxing. Hidden Valley Forest Retreat was all of those. Beautifully appointed, and in a lovely setting. We stayed in one of the Eco Lodges and didn't really leave! Loved the fire, delicious dinner delivered to us in the evening & especially the home baked bread. Highly recommended to any couples .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travelbugs5_11

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife and I have stayed here about six or seven times I think now. In the warmer months we love the Deepwater Retreat with it's outdoor spa and private lake with it's own jetty but the winter months we like the Eco Lodges as they are smaller and heat easier. Also, Deepwater has a separate bedroom/living area whereas the Eco lodges are studio type rooms so you can see your crackling fire from your bed throughout the night. We love the peace and serenity when we stay here and the privacy is great too. Once you've checked in you do not see anyone else for your entire stay, unless you choose to. Your rooms are not serviced daily but this is for privacy reasons as opposed to a cost cutting exercise. They used to have a great breakfast hamper with bacon, eggs, juice etc included in the cost but I think this has been replaced with a loaf or bread, jams and milk from memory, which is a bit of a shame. The rooms are looking a little more dated each time we visit and could do with a bit of a spruce up.A personal welcome note and chocolates on your bed when you arrive has always been a nice touch. Resident possums come visiting your back door most nights for treats too! This is always a most welcome getaway from our busy Perth lives. Keep doing what you do Sally.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Danny T T
Reviewed May 28, 2013

At a last minute with a friend from Canada arriving in Perth I decided to take him down south for a look around our beautiful south west.

Unfortunately the weather was almost unbearably hot but we had one respite- Stone Stable cottage. As I wanted some privacy and quietness this was one of few places left available and I was pleasingly surprised. Comfortable, spacious, very private even though it was the most basic accommodation they had. A small outside spa was a welcome relief (we ran it cold!) from the heat, room was perfectly equipped (and aircon!) and the wildlife was lovely. Small touches like candles etc were well received and enjoyed.

The owners were particularly nice- just genuine down to earth nice people who definitely respected our privacy and just let us enjoy our time. Sally, one of the owners took the time to show me around the place and one retreat that had been vacated that morning when I queried as I plan to send my parents there later this year for my Dads 60th. Ill be booking that trip for them shortly! Overall - perfect.

Room Tip: for budget accommodation the Stone Stable cottage is cute comfortable and relaxing! The retreats on...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Paul T
Reviewed April 30, 2013

stayed the wkend in stone stable cottage and adored it, the setting was tranquil and private. the accommodation was very clean and comfortable,it had everything we wanted. Their were nice little touches added to the room such as chocs on bed and fresh bread with jams. we loved the outdoor courtyard which has a good sized spa, loved it!!! ..thankyou to the hosts Sally and John very friendly and accommodating...my partner and I absolutely enjoyed our peaceful and relaxing stay, we would definitely come back ! Cheers Penny and Ben

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Penny G
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My partner and I stayed for two nights at the Deepwater Retreat which i have to say is by far the best out of the four retreats in my opinion. This was our second visit in as many months. We originally booked into the wilderness cabin for a change and we decided straight away we prefered the open space of the Deepwater retreat where we stayed in December and within a flash we were moved on request without any problem. This place will always hold special memories for me and my partner as there really is no where quite like it.
The Spa area is beautiful, Sally and John (owners) were very accomadating. We sipped champagne and ate starwberries in the spa under the moonlight. It has its own private lake which is very pretty.
The sharing platter was fabulous and so was the complimentary wine.
I live in the UK and i am well travelled, if your looking for something unique and different then look no further, it is the perfect romantic getaway, so peaceful, so quiet and not a soul around apart from the wildlife. The main reason we love this place so much is you are completely left alone, if you want a private chef or a massage then by all means they can arrange this for you, but we love our own company and therefore we like the peace and quiet and complete solitary feeling.
We will without doubt be back very soon, but Deepwater Retreat all the way!! Pay the extra $35 its so worth it!
Cannot recomend highly enough, thank you Sally & John

Room Tip: Deepwater Retreat is very spacious, shower is amazing, outdoor decking and spa area is beautiful...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mattjh
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in the Wilderness lodge in the fist week of February as part of a competition we had won.

Included, was a massage treatment for 2 for an hour, bottles of their own wine (red and white), large food platter, cheese platter and steak dinner on the last night.
The lodge was right in the middle of pristine Aussie bush and the floor to ceiling double glazed windows gave us the feeling of standing in the middle of it all. The shower had the same type of windows on 2 sides, so that when you were showering, you were looking directly into the bush and gum trees. SPECTACULAR! We didn't use the outdoor spa, but it looked great.
The food platter was brought over by the chef (Rupert) on the first night and our jaws hit the ground. There was enough food on it to eat the following day as well. Everything was tasty and fresh. The cheese platter was also large and the steak meal the following night was very filling.
There was plenty of salad, scalloped potatoes, nice juicy scotch fillet, followed by a very nice crumble dessert.
The massage was given by a couple who did a great job in loosening up our knotted muscles and were lovely people. Apparently they do all the massage work here.We both felt so much better afterwards.
The only downside to our stay were that a couple of areas of the lodge were pretty dusty with a couple of dead flies, mainly upper shelves. Overall the place was clean enough.

The hosts were very helpful in feeding us information as to local attractions and were very nice
people. They were very obliging to any requests that we had.
We would definitely go again to explore the area more as 3 days didn't give us enough time really and, we can recommend Hidden Valley Forest Retreat as a place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My parter and I stayed in the wilderness lodge for two nights and as other travellers have mentioned the atmosphere of sitting outside in the bath with the forrest around you is amazing. However, for $500 a night, we expected a lot more from our stay. There were used candles and bath gel outside near the bath, mould in the bathroom and the floors were dirty. We also ordered the breakfast basket and were quite disappointed to find that the BBQ was filthy and the tomato that they had given us was off.

Hidden Valley has the potential to be amazing - they just need to upgrade their rooms a bit.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple