“Big portions, well priced”

La Scarpetta Trattoria
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Winnipeg, Canada
“Big portions, well priced”
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Three adults, husband, son and myself decided to take out. Even though website doesn't say, they told us we could drop by to pick up a menu. We were staying a one minute walk away. We ordered 2 orders of garlic bread (pane all'aglio con rosemarino e olio) $7.00, two orders of Spaghetti Aglio, Olio e Peperoncino $18.00and a Canneolli con Ricotta e Spinaci $28. My canneolli was devine, full of ricotta and spinach. There were 3 pieces and. I could only eat 2 and saved the rest. My husband devoured his more than ample serving of spaghetti, which had a nice spicy bite to it. My son who has a huge appetite did not eat all of his serving but thoroughly enjoyed it. Food was ready in 20 minutes from call in and they called us to tell us it was ready. Even gave us someone's left umbrella for the torrential downpour. Fresh, huge servings, hot, timely, friendly service. Note: menu does change.

Visited March 2014

Houston, Texas
“Incredibly delicious and authentic Italian food!”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We ate at La Scarpetta Trattoria both nights that we were in Margaret River recently because it was so incrediably delicious! We went there for a big birthday one night and enjoyed it so much we made a reservation for the following night too! The dishes are so authentic you would swear you were eating at a top restaurant in Italy. Every dish we had was so delicious. It clearly surpasses any other Italian restaurant that we have tried. We were also impressed with the very freindly staff that greets you with a smile. They are very friendly and they take very good care of your table. The ambience of the restaurant is very charming too. We highly recommend this restaurant and know you won't be disappointed! Be sure to order the lasagne. We ordered it both nights and loved it both times! We will defintely be back!!

• Visited March 2014
Perth, Australia
“Real Italian Cuisine”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Being Italian, I tend to stay to stay away from Italian restaurants abroad, as most of the times they don't match the real Italian cuisine quality. But from a quick look at the menu, I recognised the quality of it and prove it also by eating there.
I ordered the mixed fried fish (frittura), tortelli stuffed with shark and prawns, served with a glass of Margaret River white wine. Then I had a tiramisu together with a typical Italian amaro (a digestive cordial).
Service was of high quality, people were nice.
Will surely suggest this restaurant to anyone who will come down south to Margaret River.

• Visited March 2014
Cork, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Visit this restaurant”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

While touring Australia I had the pleasure of dining at this restaurant. The food was outstanding and complimented by the excellent, friendly and helpful service. The staff have a vast knowledge of Italian wines and cuisine which is highly impressive. I was surprised at how large the portions were which can be rare in restaurants. The only negative is I will never have a chance to visit this restaurant again.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Christinerosaleen
Perth, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, fantastic service”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

The food was great, huge servings, amazing flavour. Service was quick, attentive and friendly. Highly recommend the lasagne.

Visited March 2014