I read a number of the reviews and some people loved it and others didn't. Why? I don't know. So this view will hopefully help you now that I've stayed there. I stayed in July 2012 for 4 nights in a two bedroom two bathroom (2 spa) townhouse.
My conclusion is here! Yes I would definelty stay here again.
Now..... The units are adequately furnished, decorated and fitted out. That's it! Don't expect 5 star expect good 3 star. The dining table, lounge suite, TV unit, coffee table are all VERY basic. I enjoy cooking and the kitchen is VERY poorly appointed. Don't expect to be able to cut anything from the knife set supplied. I wanted to prepare a number of meals (you don't always feel like going out or dinner after a day of visiting wineries) but really only had basic equipment. The quality of the construction is very basic. A very basic specification (I know I'm a builder). The toilet suite, the hand basin, the door handles.
The upstairs is timber framed construction so in the morning if you come down the timber stairs you wake everyone up because the stairs groan.
Winge winge winge.... Sorry I'm just trying to tell it as it is (remember I said I'd stay here again?)
The positive? The location as far as Margret River is concerned is the best. You can walk to everything in town. We had a townhouse looking over natural bush, great! The staff? Great! Overall the quality if the fit tout is adequate.
Overall presentation was pretty good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Margarets Forest offers a range of stylish 4 star, fully self-contained forest studios & apartments. Most have spas and are designed with privacy & serenity in mind. Each studio and apartment offers guests a choice of views of the forest from expansive decks or manicured courtyards. Our Margaret River accommodation is available in various configurations for singles, couples, twin share, families and two couples sharing. The two bedroom, two spa apartments are designed to offer exceptional value and style for two couples getting away together who want both generous shared living areas, as well as spacious private bedrooms with their own spas. Inside the decor and furnishing compliment the extraordinary natural setting. Offset walls, raked ceilings and highlight windows cleverly enhance the natural aspect from all rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Margarets Forest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Margarets Forest Hotel Margaret River
- Margarets Forest Margaret River