“Avoid at all costs”

Inne Town Backpackers
Reviewed September 19, 2013

A group of us, 3 travellers arrived mid-afternoon on a Saturday, all in our mid-twenties and world travellers who have spent our fair share of time in hostels abroad . Staff were friendly and the place was buzzing with seasonal workers, such is life.

The place however refused to calm down after 11pm (quiet curfew) and was outright atrocious. Drunken Irish louts acting like they were on a bucks night, despite numerous requests from guests and staff to quieten down. I was 2 seconds away from calling the police in Margaret River to make a noise complaint. I even heard fellow female guests whingeing quietly to each other that they ' had to work in the morning'. The noise did not stop till well after 3:30am.

Staff should have kicked them out. It is not fair to fellow guests. Other hostels have tight rules concerning alcohol on the premises. I think it was great that the place was so chilled, however perhaps this is to your disadvantage as I have never had such an unenjoyable hostel experience before in my life.

Pay the extra if you can and stay elsewhere. For your own sanity.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

This was the dirtiest hostel I have ever stayed in. The room was filled with half finished liquor and wine, scattered with the other guest's things. I think most people who stay here are seasonal workers, so I wouldn't recommend recommend it for the passing traveler. However the staff and people were friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Great hostel, relatively clean in a great location. Free breakfast - bread etc for toast. Our room was clean and the beds are fairly comfy. The kitchen is pretty big, and is also cleaned regularly. The lounge area is pretty cool - quite cosy and has an array of movies to keep you occupied if you don't want a big night out.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Hostel is situated right in townbwhich is very handy. My room was clean, beds comfy, tele in room and fan and fridge. Manager keeps it very nice and clean and the hostel has a nice relaxed feel to it. The other remnants were all very friendly and adhered to the 11pm quiet time curfew. All in all I enjoyed my stay and would stay here again! Good job

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I read some reviews about vomit and loud noise, but saw none of that when I was there in January 2013.

All of the people staying there were friendly and well behaved.

The linen was clean, and the place was amenable. The only negative I saw was a puddle of water in one of the toilets the next morning, but it was only water.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 16, 2012

This is possibly one of the worst places i have ever stayed. The review below regarding the vomit and drunken louts is the truest i have read so far. permanent fixtures of alcoholic/homeless looking people, travellers living their ''dream'' of the working holiday and beds and sheets that have faded with the sands of time into desperate oblivion, trying to decompose so that they can too can escape the awfulness of this situation. we saw all rooms, all looked equally dirty, over crowded, damp, dark and uninviting. We eventually were given a room that was the best of a bad lot, sharing with a couple who had been living there for three months. We too debated sleeping in the car, when faced with a floor that looked like it hadnt been swept or cleaned in about three weeks, a fly wire screen that was falling off and a bed where the springs dug into your ribs. The kitchen was clean but the fridge looked like it should have been thrown out a long long time ago. The man working there was friendly but was obviously unamused by our shock at the state of this hostel. The female toilets were mildly clean if you didnt stare too long at the corners of the cubicles. I kept thinking ... i would love to bulldoze this place and actually build something decent. we left as early as possible every morning and only returned when we couldnt drink any more at the pub to ease the pain of what we had to go back to . very sad place.

Room Tip: Unfortunately there are no good options here.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank redfeathers
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I didn't have much choice when I booked this accommodation through the Tourist Bureaux. The rest of the town was booked solid with a food festival. I booked a private double room for $85/night.

The room (Rm5) had a double bed with a single bunk above it. The room had a bad, stale sort of a smell when I entered. Luckily, the weather was warm so I could leave the window open. The room was generally rundown. I guess this is to be expected from a backpackers. It was my first time in one so I can't compare it with others. The pillows and the (double) mattress were flat and not very comfortable. There was a small fridge in the cupboard, a fan, a tv with only 2 channels and a DVD player (I didn't use).

The shared bathroom was in a right state. I could see that it is cleaned at least once a day, but they didn't last clean for long. With the amount of drinking it wasn't surprising to see them turn into a mess so quick. I didn't use any of the other common areas but the kitchen looked presentable and well used.

The accommodation is well located at the bottom of the main street.Next door is an awesome bakery/cafe that makes a great feed. Parking is tight, but free on street parking is available. The manager is friendly and helpful.

This accommodation is more suited to the young partygoer who is keen on drinking, or someone looking for a budget stay without any frills (like a clean toilet). I can't see myself (as a middle aged person) wanting to stay more than one night.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo