“Horseriding”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Horseriding”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Great value horseriding, the instructors were very helpful. Horseriding is not my cup of tea but my friends really loved it.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Kricket53

• Indonesian first
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Felt like a real cowboy!!”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I was really surprised to hear that my husband had booked a horse trek as he had only ever ridden once when he was eight! I used to horse ride a lot when I was younger and have been wanting to ride again since! We were taken on the 90 min trek through the paddocks around the farm lead by a wonderful tour guide who lives in the area. There was only one other person with us so it was a very small group which was nice. My husband found he preferred to stay at a walking pace...although he was encouraged to trot and canter! The guide stayed back with him and let myself and the other lady who was en experienced rider go on and have a canter so it was really great that we were both catered for! We finished with warm drinks, bread, duka and olive oil around a fire which was a prefect end to the whole experience! Our guide was a keen cross polo player so even got out the equipment to teach us how to play! We both had a wonderful time and thought it was great value for money! We'd definitely go again and would highly recommend whatever your level!!

Visited July 2012
4 Thank D G
Singapore, Singapore
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Wonderful First Experience for Kids”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

This was the first horse-back experience for my kids though not the first for my husband and I. The horses were gentle and well-chosen for us when we made known our experience or rather the lack of, in our email correspondences with Jesters Flat. My kids enjoyed the ride so much that they wanted so much to prolong the ride.

The treatment accorded us made us feel so much like welcomed guests, and not just customers. We were offered drinks and warm bread after the ride. The kids were well-entertained by the playhouse while my husband and I had a great chat with the owner.

We were not really sure if we could squeeze in time for this but are so glad that we did.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank passionheart
Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Best horseriding experience ever!”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I have been horseriding several times in my life, though do not think of myself as 'a rider'. I have usually been to those trail-riding places where the horses are bored and used to walking in a straight line, difficult to get to trot, and ultimately not really very satisfying.

At Jesters Flat, it was completely different. It is a small place and does not feel like a factory. Hence the service is much more personal, though it may mean that in peak times it may be more difficult to arrange exactly what you want. (we didn't have this problem though)

My husband and I went there on our honeymoon, having been to a more typical trail-riding place just down the road the day before, which we did not enjoy.
The ride was tailored to us, at the time of day we preferred (sunset), and we were the only customers. The horses were an amazing blend of safe/stable and completely responsive to the rider. The owner sources many of them from outback cattle stations where they have often been mistreated and/or neglected, and they are mostly used also as polo-crosses horses - hence they are very responsive (though not too much -at no time at all did I feel unsafe or out of my depth).
Furthermore, Jesters Flat is a functional farm which runs some cattle, has some grapevines, and has many acres of property and other areas to ride. The horses are not sent out to the same trail all day every day, so they are not bored. Apparently they can also transport some horses to the nearby beachfront for those that want a beach ride.
Our ride was fantastic. We did not have to spend the usual 30-45 minutes (like we had in the other place the day before) going through how to start and stop etc, we just learned on the way. We were able to trot and canter at will, all the while receiving instruction which was not intrusive, and having very pleasant conversation with the owner along the way. He made a real effort to help without being overbearing, and even came up with ideas to keep us and the horses interested along the way (there was a rather hilarious and spontaneous attempt at rustling some of the cattle in one of the paddocks which was great fun if not a great success).

At the end of the ride, we were treated to a glass of wine which is made on the farm, as well as some locally made/sourced bread and snacks. We stayed and chatted for an extra half hour watching the sun go down.

All of this meant we had an extra 30 minutes (at least) extra riding time for the same booked length of our trail ride as the previous day, a tailored experience for the two of us, and all for $30 per head LESS than what we had paid the day before.

My only regret is that we live much too far away to be able to go back there every month.

Visited March 2012