We travelled down to the Basildene Manor Thursday 10th Feb and checked out Saturday 12th Feb. We arrived late Thursday as left Perth after work and were in Margret River for a Wedding on the Friday so didn’t really spend too much time in the hotel except for the Friday morning and Saturday morning, however the time we did spend was very relaxing. The hotel was quiet and the grounds/pool/staff were all great.
The room (king room) was large had a big bed, large LCD TV, Aircon, fridge, ensuite etc...
The grounds to the hotel are fantastic, very well kept and beautiful to walk around. The pool was relaxing and where we spent the majority of our mornings. My only complaint about the hotel would be that there were only 2 sun loungers, which meant that if you didn’t arrive at the pool just after breakfast you wouldn’t have a seat or lounger at the pool. The hotel would do well to purchase a couple of additional seats as there certainly was room.
The breakfast was good, a lot of fresh fruit, bread and a selection of hot foods with fresh fruit juices, yogurt, teas and coffees, to top it off it you have a nice relaxing view over the hotel's grounds. But again get there early as the fruit was running out by the time we sat down at 9am.
Check-in and check-out were all very easy and the staff were very pleasant and helpful with all my enquiries. We tried to book in for another night as we enjoyed our stay and fancied another night to recharge our batteries however they were fully booked.
We were down there as part of our wedding anniversary and it was a perfect setting for what we were after, I’d recommend to anyone looking for a quiet relaxing break. We’d certainly stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Margaret River's Finest - Welcoming today's discerning traveller with the promise of luxurious solitude & ensuring a relaxing, memorable stay. Basildene Manor, is an historic elegant country manor, set on 14 picturesque acres amidst the rich tapestry of renowned Margaret Rivers vineyards. Nineteen recently refurbished and beautifully appointed rooms are available. Our renowned Basildene Breakfast includes a full cooked a la carte breakfast and fruit buffet, all from the Manor restaurant. Nestled in the valley you will discover our heated outdoor swimming pool and secluded sun deck (avail in summer months), tennis court & lakeside pergola. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Grand Mercure Basildene Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Basildene Manor Hotel Margaret River
- Basildene Manor Margaret River