My husband and I stayed at Basildene manor for 4 nights whilst the Gourmet Escape Food and Wine festival was on in Margaret River, 2012. Upon arrival we were blown away with the beauty of the gardens and the building, which is 100 years old this year. Which in Aussie terms is pretty old! Having just returned from 4 years in the UK, and doing a lot of overnight stays at Country manors and houses, this seemed like the closest we could get to that in Australia. The rooms were fresh, clean, stylish and basically had all we needed for the time we would be there. Obviously we were out and about a lot due to the Gourmet Escape, but still spent some time just relaxing in our room and enjoying the views out the window. There were personal touches with photos of the family and the manor's history everywhere which was great to look at. Breakfast was fantastic too, with continental and a la carte hot breakfasts, with a few different sort of options on the menu that all proved very tasty. Plus the morning view over the gardens from the breakfast room added to a great start to the day. Staff were very friendly at all hours of the day, gave us a tour on arrival and explained everything that we needed including some local tips and advice in terms of logistics for the Gourmet Escape weekend, and were available to help with our queries and requests throughout the stay. The Manor also had a few lovely lounges to use, however we enjoyed spending our time there in our room as it was so lovely itself. Will definitely be returning at some point, and have already begun recommending it to friends. Great location to be central to Margaret River, or a closer drive to some of the wineries past the town centre, and really ideal for getting to and from the Leeuwin Estate for Gourmet Escape. Is also a great place to stay if you're looking to just sit around, relax and enjoy your surroundings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Margaret River's Finest - Welcoming today's discerning traveller with the promise of luxurious solitude & ensuring a relaxing, memorable stay. Basildene Manor, is an historic elegant country manor, set on 14 picturesque acres amidst the rich tapestry of renowned Margaret Rivers vineyards. Nineteen recently refurbished and beautifully appointed rooms are available. Our renowned Basildene Breakfast includes a full cooked a la carte breakfast and fruit buffet, all from the Manor restaurant. Nestled in the valley you will discover our heated outdoor swimming pool and secluded sun deck (avail in summer months), tennis court & lakeside pergola. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotel.de, Expedia, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Mercure Basildene Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Basildene Manor Hotel Margaret River
- Basildene Manor Margaret River