“Friendly staff, value for money!”

Quality Inn Margaret River
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Margaret River
Singapore
“Friendly staff, value for money!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This place is near to city center, pretty convenient if you drive. With an in house restaurant, its easy to get food if you had a long day driving (like we did). Free parking is a draw, with the lots located near the rooms. Room is clean. All in all, real value for money. Hotel staff are friendly and makes you feel right at home!

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I recently had to stay for work 2 nights, from the very start I received a warm happy cheerful reception, all details and requirements were explained in a professional manner, and due to this, the path for high expectations has now been set ( I hope other areas don't disappoint )

The room is beautifully appointed, clean and fresh, the 3 seater couch with foot rest is just a little bit of spoiling, just what any weary traveller will enjoy. complemented by a dark polished hard wood coffee table reminiscent of the surrounding forests.

The size is of the room and bathroom, helps with that being away from home feeling. I enjoy simple extras such as extra towels, hand towels and pillows, and I there was plenty of both.

A simple view of a kangaroo passing the car park will naturally delight any tourist, and reminds me that Margaret river may be a developed town but, it is still located in Western Australia's Premier locations of the South West, surrounded by rich natural bush lands and parks, this hotel feels like it is right in the middle of it.

THE Best bit ( travelling by my self and wanting to work, I ordered room service )

WOW , I highly recommend the salt and pepper calamari, as an entrée the potion was large, the pieces are nicely fried with out the oil, has a great aioli sauce to side.

The MSA angus scotch fillet was EXCELLENT, I have ordered many scotch fillets to "Well Done" only to find the Chef has refused to cook it this way, and I have asked professionals about this who inform me the reason is they are scared about the quality of the meat, This was not the case, It was cooked to perfection with a Garlic Butter sauce that was gentle, I had a side rocket salad that was bountiful to say the least.

I indulged with a Sticky date pudding with vanilla ice cream that was both light and rich, everything the pudding should be.

It was delivered to the room, by a gentlemen who was one of the most professional waiters I have had the privilege to be served by. I asked a simple question about the WIFI and had a voucher to access the network returned immediately.

Even the second night stay with a Wagyu beef burger that was plentiful and boasted great flavours, an absolute delight for something simply described as a burger. Again served with in a great restaurant, that was very comfortable, and fast professional service.

WELL DONE to all the staff, Best Hotel I have ever stayed at.

Will hopefully see you again next year.

Room Tip: My room was the far side from main reception, but they seem all good.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Booked a weekend stay over the internet and found the Quality Inn lived up to its name. Our deluxe room was inviting and spacious and very comfortable. The view out to the grounds was enhanced by the pond setting and the native plants in bloom. The continental breakfast included in the total cost of the package was well catered for providing many choices, that were both tempting and tasty.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My Wife and I have visited Margaret River on several occasions but usually stay within walking distance of the Settlers Tavern on the main strip. On this occasion being the Queens Birthday long weekend we booked via the Internet and took the last room available in Margaret River. I was blown away by the size and value for money of our "deluxe" room. The outlook toward the well maintained grounds was beautiful. The overall setting is one of relaxed, clean and quiet country comfort. All the staff encountered were professional and courteous. Breakfast included in the tariff was a welcome bonus. The restaurant has a generous open hearth fireplace providing a wonderful ambiance on a cold, windy day. My Wife and I will choose Quality Inn again and have no hesitation recommending others to do so as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Justin M
Perth
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Booked three nights at this hotel, very disappointed the hotel is dated the decor very poor, spiders cobwebs in bedrooms, lighting was terrible like it was on a very low dimmer switch. The grounds of the hotel not maintained well, simming pool dirty mini golf course covered in leaves and dirty play area basic, my kids disappointed they couldn't use any of the facilities, spent a fortune at Margaret River because we stayed out of the hotel from first thing in the morning till last thing at night to avoid being in the hotel. :(

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Debbie C
Justin H, Manager at Quality Inn Margaret River, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments. I am devastated you found cobwebs in your room as is the housekeeping department; we will certainly pay more attention to that.

With the recent inclement weather in Margaret River and the high winds, keeping the grounds in order has certainly been a challenge with blown down leaves, branches and even 2 trees that came down. This however is not your concern and we are trying to keep the mini golf free of twigs and gum nuts 2 and 3 times a day.

We are in the middle of a refurbishment program at the moment, so I understand your comments about your room being dated. So far we have redecorated 41 of our 55 rooms with a combination of fresh paint, new bathroom fittings, new curtains and new bedroom furniture. We have also commissioned an art company to supply all new art in the rooms.

I am sorry you did not get one of our redecorated rooms and that the grounds and pool were not up to scratch. I would welcome the opportunity to have you stay with us in a newer room further into summer when the weather is perhaps not as imposing on the grounds. Please contact me directly at the hotel to arrange this so I can make the arrangements personally?

Sincerely

GM
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Booked a few nights over the phone - explained to the Booking Clerk that the Credit Card
quoted was not mine but that of my Boss and used for business purposes. I requested that the booking clerk check that the Card was working OK (providing all the numbers and the expiry date) which she checked - and told me that all was good - I was clear to come and stay (I thought)..

Arrived 4 hours later after a long drive through winter storms from Perth only to be immediately told by a Front Desk staffer that I could not check in without the card to swipe - but then advised by the same person that it would be OK - and the check in process began.. Seconds later a more senior person rebutted the first Clerk, and demanded the card - and then any card to swipe - as I had no card with me - I chose to leave but this same 'senior' person then heckled for a cash deposit. ...Well so much for professionalism. Fortunately, other Motels in the town had no payment issues whatsoever - and without any pre-booking or credit card checks before arrival! Luckily there is still plenty of hospitality out there for the weary traveler..

Room Tip: Bring your credit card or Book over the phone with caution
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Leon V
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We are from Brisbane, moving around WA over 6 weeks. Quality Inn was just what we needed for 2 nights. Good quality accommodation; friendly efficiency from staff; fixed line phone for business access and - a surprisingly economical tariff. Value for money on every count!

Room Tip: Seemed more peaceful towards back of property
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple