“Messy and lack of care!”
Review of Woody Nook Wines

Woody Nook Wines
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Messy and lack of care!”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We went to Woody Nook wines as part of a wine tour. We shouldn't have bothered! Peter served us and spoke so quickly that you had no idea what you were even tasting, he poured more on the table than in your glass and showed no interest in making a sale. It's a shame because some of the wine was nice (if you got enough of a mouthful to make a judgement) and I would have considered buying a few bottles if I hadn't been so put off by the service. One of the couples on our tour walked out because they were so offended. Sorry Woody Nook but we won't be visiting again.

Visited March 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Coolup
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Nooky Delightful lunch!”
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Always a hidden treasure Woody Nook Winery and the Nookery Cafe. Lovely wines for tasting and a great art gallery and wine accessory goody shop. We have been returning here every year and are never disappointed.
Lunch is delicious with hubby having the prosciutto wrapped lamb rack $30 ish and I had the Taste plate for one $24 which has delicacies such as pork belly, homemade pate, terrine, prawn twists, chicken, beef sate and scallops too many items to list;) you can get one for two people which I am sure would be incredible too.
Make sure you are early or book a table.
Also buy a bottle of Nooky's Delight Port! Our favourite and a real treat.
We'll be back soon!

1 Thank MichAvalon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Gluten Options”
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Excellence food ,wine , ambience and friendly service from this family operated Restruant . Good size servings reasonable pricing , cafe style top Restruant class . A winner ! Located in the heart of the wine growing region of Margaret River.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Keith J
Port Kennedy, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“What a Shame!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I have visited Woody Nook in the past and was so taken with the place on a recent visit back to the area I raved about it...convinced my husband and two sisters to call in there.
Establishment closes at 4.30pm displayed on sign.
Cafe closes at 4.00pm.
We arrived at 3.30pm. Not sure if we were too late I asked at the tasting counting if the Cafe was still open. "Don't ask me" was the reply. "The cafe is behind me". I approached the cafe with caution. Two cafe staff chatting to obviously well known acquaintances. One lady??? Broke away and approached.."kitchen closed" came the curt statement. I was about to query why 1/2hr early when a further response was shot at me from behind the counter "what did you want". There are 4 of us I replied. "Yes, well what do they want" I explained we were only after coffee and as the other three had not yet reached the counter, I didn't' know what sort. At this point I would normally have given my reply in disgust and left. However, we decided to stay and order coffee..probably at that point more out of rebuke than need. "You will have use your credit cards, I have cashed up for the day" she snarled! The coffee was served promptly and hurriedly enjoyed. I was embarrassed I had made such a fuss about re-visiting Woody Nook. On the way out I made the comment at least I got one smile from the wine tasting staff...asked the name of the cafe staff in question.....ANN(E) you may have had a long busy day...you are in the tourist trade!!! That's what it's about...here's one visitor that will not be spreading the good word..and sadly not return!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Janet K
Terrigal, Australia
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“No hospitality”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We were staying at the resort nearby and they recommended this winery for breakfast, it was 10.15am and we were refused even a piece of toast! As they were finished breakfast for the day at 10am
Everyone was saying how quiet it was and Woody Nook wines couldn't even give us a cup of tea, which we would happily paid for
So much for country hospitality!
Drive past and keep going!

Visited November 2013