“Great time!”

Margies Big Day Out Beer & Wine Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We visit 7 venues including 2 Breweries, 3 Wineries and the Chocolate & Cheese Companies. Gourmet lunch at a brewery inclusive of a beer and cider tasting. Tours run daily from around 11am to 5pm, 360 days of the year. What more could you ask for! Margies Big Day Out has been operating in the Margaret River Region for over 10 years. We pick up guests from their accommodation in the Margaret River, Busselton, Dunsborough and Yallingup regions and drop them back to their door. We have the opportunity to visit over 100 venues, and pride ourselves on giving our guests an enjoyable & relaxed day out!
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great time!”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I am a little late with my review, but wanted to drop you all a line to say thanks again for our wine tour late September. Rich was a great host, he was friendly, informative and kept the great vibe going. He put up with us getting a little rowdy towards the end. We had a great group, we all met back up for dinner after the tour to carry on the fun. Highlight was the Grove as always. Highly recommended Margie's for a friendly, good time, great way to meet new people! Cheers

Charlestown NSW
“Amazing Day Out”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Margies Big Day Out is the most awesome day out. We had the most amazing day out tasting beers, cider, port, liquors and the best wines in Margaret River we had a fantastic lunch at a local Brewery. I would highly recommend this tour to anyway. If you are going to the Margaret River Region make sure you look this one up you won't be dissapointed.

Visited November 2012
Kendal, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Our big day out!”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

What can I say!! WOW WEE!!
We booked several weeks in advance, the guys at Margies big day out we're brill. Arrangements were made to collect us at 11.15, we had a private mini bus with just the best tour guide called Mick!
Each vineyard that we visited where ready and waiting for us, we felt by using Margies Big Day Out we got so much more from the visits than if we had just arrived on our own.
Mick looked after our group so well he was fun and informative cant recommend them more!!
The tour was also great value for money, all tastings and lunch included.
Thanks again to everyone for making our big day out special see you again soon .

Visited October 2012
Perth, Australia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Highly Recommended”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

What a great day, good fun, excellent company. Keenan was terrific! We had a fantastic day tasting wine, beer, cheese, chocolate and liqueurs. Highly recommend this tour to everyone!
Thanks everyone who made it so wonderful. Karen and Andrew

Visited October 2012
Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“DO NOT RISK IT!!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Where should I begin. I booked this tour at least 6 weeks in advance for my birthday. My partner and I had arranged our trip so that we could do the wine tour on the day of my birthday. We were very excited in the lead up and our pick up time had been advised as 10.20am via email at the time off booking. On the day at approx. 8.45am I received a text message advising the pick up time was now 10am, which was fine, we were just having breakfast. Approximately 15 minutes later I received a phone call to ask if we could do the tour the next day - we could not as we were leaving, the reason given was that the other group of 6 that were booked in for the day wanted to cancel and do the next day - great except we were no longer in the region. And that they didn't really do tours with less people! And he suggested maybe we could call around to see if anyone else had any spaces. By this time it was about 9.30 and most tours are picking up all the guests at 10 - cutting it very fine to be able to get on another tour! In shock I really didn't know what to say and after my silence down the phone line he suggested maybe he could call someone for me! Ahhh yes that would be expected because you just cancelled on me half and hour before the tour!!! Not wanting to miss out, off the phone, my partner went to reception where we were staying and told them the whole story - horrified they made a call and managed to not only get us on a tour who's bus had already left and was on route to the 1st winery, but they sent a car to chauffeur us to the first winery to meet up with the rest of the tour group. I was exceptionally thankful. The new tour - Cellar D'or was fantastic! I am forever thankful to Jerry, Chris and the team for not only saving the day, but also making the day! A surprise birthday song at lunch and a great trip to some of the best wineries made my birthday one to remember. While I'm sure Margies is a good tour too, I just wouldn't risk it!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Mel K
jimmywerro, Manager at Margies Big Day Out Beer & Wine Tour, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Hi Mel
We just wanted to touch base with you in regards to your recent experience with a Margies Big Day Out Tour.
It is unfortunate that you have left the region without being able to come on board due to the cancellation of other guests on the day you had booked with us. On the odd occasion we do get guests cancel on the day and this can often affect other guests booked - no matter how far ahead you book the tour. As majority of operators run with minimum numbers, if these are not met we do try to get you on board either the following day with us, or potentially with another tour in the region.This is something that is stated clearly on both our website and correspondence terms and conditions.
We apologize for the inconvenience that we caused on your birthday, but unfortunately there are sometimes cancellations which are out of our control that do affect people like yourselves.On a positive note, we are glad that you were able to get on another tour on the day and experience some of the amazing venues in our region.
If it is any consolation, if you chose to visit the region again, we would love to have you on board and show you what a fantastic tour Margies Big Day Out really is.
Warm Regards - Margies Big Day Out Tours :)