Darby Park Serviced Residences
Grange on Farrelly(Margaret River)(Great Value!)
$123
$116
Agoda.com
Margarets Beach Resort(Margaret River)(Great Value!)
$178
$151
Agoda.com
Stay Margaret River(Margaret River)(Great Value!)
$114
$99
Priceline
  • Pool
Vintages Accommodation(Margaret River)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Margaret River Hotel(Margaret River)
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
Margaret River Resort(Margaret River)
  • Pool
All reviewsstudio roomthe main streetheated poolgreat locationsecurity gatesecure parkingtourist centrewasher and dryerfull kitchencentral locationinformation centrethese apartmentsbalcony overlookingfirst floorsettlers tavernwithin walking distanceforest view
Reviewed July 23, 2014

The premisses are very nice but we had a couple of dislikes. We had a studio room where the mattress was too hard for us. The room was very cold and with the R/C Aircon it took ages to get any warmth. We had it running all night. The configuration of the entries to rooms is such that you enter your room through an ante room from which 2 rooms are accessed. Every time someone goes in and out you get the loud banging of two doors. It is added security but noisy. I would imagine it would be a real problem during the busy season.

Room Tip: Darby is at the northern end of town, not central. This is not a huge problem as MR is not a huge town. It you prebook breakfast, confirm this on arrival.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
genmgr101, Manager at Darby Park Serviced Residences, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2014

Most people say our beds are the comfiest in the South West and we are disappointed you did not find the bed to your liking. It has been really cold down here but the reverse cycle air-conditioners usually warm really well. We are having them all checked to make sure they are running at their optimum.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Don't stay here if you can avoid it. We had a freezing night here last night. I rang the on call staff member as I couldn't heat the 2 bed apartment she bought a heater and blankets after I insisted, the heater was faulty and tripped the circuit breakers, inspecting the air conditioning units the filters looked as if they had never been cleaned, EVER see pic. We all felt the effects today with cold like symptoms. I took a photo and spoke to the manager who complained that I was rude, she seemed very defensive so I suspect I'm not the first to complain. Not a lot to ask when paying 215 per night for a healthy environment that is adequately maintained we had to move to another apartment (12b) this is slightly cleaner but as a guest I should never have had to highlight such major faults nor been exposed to such an unhealthy unit. As a final insult we had no help to move apartment and the receptionist asked if I could return the keys after I'd moved apartments, I'm sure all sorts of excuses will be offered from management once this review is published but I won't get back valuable vacation time wasted on moving rooms and trying to resolve maintenance issues. The swimming pool is freezing no steam coming off the water so suspect it's not at the stated 23 temp.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

We apologise for the uncleaned filter - you were able to see other rooms where they had been cleaned and this room for some human error had been missed. We have put new systems in place to ensure this does not occur again. Our staff did their best to help you but unfortunately we were unable to please you. We do apologise for the inconvenience caused in moving rooms.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I first reviewed this in June last year. We've been back twice in the last three months and its still great. Friendly and good value for money. We highly recommend this place and to be honest I bother looking for anywhere else in MR.

Room Tip: If you're into MTB it's very close to the trails!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
genmgr101, Manager at Darby Park Serviced Residences, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

It is great to have you return to stay and thank you for posting this review.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

We had a great time here. The service was fine. The room was large and comfortable with a huge bed. The room 12A, had a view of the garden and very close to the pool which can be used all year round. The apartments are very central to Margaret River township which made dining a great experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
genmgr101, Manager at Darby Park Serviced Residences, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Thank you for your 5 star review, we do appreciate it.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Can't believe this place managed to piss me off in a single night. The stay was average, the reception was helpful but somewhat arrogant.

Anyway, we left a couple of iPhone chargers behind accidentally and called them within a few hours of leaving. The reception desk said they'll need to wait for housekeeping to finish so I waited for their call. When she rang back they said the chargers weren't there but also she confirmed that no one else was in the room after us. Typical rudeness followed as I was waiting for them to take responsibility and do something about it: can't do anything about it - get off the phone - type of language.

So here I am writing this review. $200/night + 2 iPhone chargers turned into $260/night.

Never going back there!!!
If you're reading this: make sure you don't leave something behind as housekeeping may mysteriously not find it.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank cuoressportivo

We feel that your review is not correct as you were quite content on check out. We searched your room for your phone chargers after your call on Sunday, which was prior to housekeeping entering the room, and they were not there. Housekeeping once again checked on Monday whilst cleaning, to no avail. Our reception staff have been extremely helpful to you over the 3 phone calls we have made to you following up this issue. For you to post that they are arrogant and that our housekeeping staff "may mysteriously not find" your phone chargers is unfair.
We retain lost property for 3 months after guests have departed and have multiple phone chargers in our lost property box. After 3 months we give them to the Post Office to give to visitors to Margaret River who have mislaid their chargers and can perhaps find one that suits them at no cost. There would be no reason whatsoever for our staff to "mysteriously not find" your phone chargers.