“Overnight stay”

Darby Park Serviced Residences
Perth, Australia
“Overnight stay”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have stayed before and found the hotel extremely professional. The staff go out of the way to make you feel special. This time I chose to book a breakfast, it was delivered whilst I was out into my fridge and for $12.50 exceptional value.

Room Tip: All good rooms however down stairs away from the noise of the pool probably best
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Tsosti, General Manager at Darby Park Serviced Residences, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Hi Arlene

Thank you for your review, as mentioned in previous responses we do use these reviews as a benchmarking tool, so it is very encouraging for the staff to see that they have met our customers expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the property in the not too distant future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The hotel is just across the street from the Margaret River Visitor Centre! It is also within walking distance to the supermarket and restaurants. You can also charge your bills to your room using your room key when you are at the restaurants across the street! How cool is that? Our room is on the ground floor which opens out to the beautiful garden/forest at the back. During the night, you can sit at the veranda and gaze at the thousands of stars in the beautiful night sky. Gorgeous place! Complimentary parking in a fenced security compound but wifi/internet is chargeable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JasmineTay
Dear Jasmine

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor, our location in the heart of the town is definitely a great selling point and I am pleased that you made use of the charge back facilities. The property is so quiet and peaceful you really can feel lkie you are in a forest in the middle of nowhere.

I do hope that you will return to Darby Park and the Margaret River region soon
Lahaina
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed and it is a really nice place in a very good location as it is right in town, so easy walking around, across the road from the visitors centre where lots of pickups are based for wine tours etc.

Staff were very friendly and accommodating - secure car parking, nice bush setting, one would not know that they are in town as its very quiet.

Room Tip: there are plenty of different types of rooms to choose from. I probably would not get a room near th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for you review on Tripadvisor, wonderful to see return guests in the Margaret River region.

I hear what you are saying about the children in the pool, there are rooms in A, B & E block that will ensure you can have a peaceful afternoon nap.

Look forward to welcoming you back again
Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

Spent just one night here with my boyfriend in July. Rooms were average in size, clean but a little dated. It was quite cold in the bedroom and the bathroom was freezing! We did however have reverse cycle AC which sorted that issue out! Fabulous location for the town of Margaret river, a short stroll home from any of the restaurants. Would stay again. Served the purpose well but if you are looking for a room to chill out in during the day it's probably not the most luxurious.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor, I have taken on board your comment about the room being a little dated, that said I do believe that the rooms are still very well presented for an 8 year old property.

I'm not sure what style of room you stayed in but guessing a studio room....the apartments have a full lounge/dining area which is very comfortable and relaxing.
Melbourne
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I recently had a most unfortunate experience of arriving with a prepaid online booking voucher for $225 a night (with breakfast indicated but not honoured until challenged) to find the people ahead of me who had called in on spec (and another on the phone) were being offered rooms with breakfast for $155 a night. Not a good feeling...
The room was well equipped (note only a small range of TV channels and free wifi only in the lobby) and the view over the national park (complete with kookaburras calling) most restful.
The location is great - at the northern end of the main shopping and eating street in Margaret River.

Room Tip: Studio apartments seem to have balconies facing north and the national park.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. I must agree with you that it was very unfortunate that at your time of check in the guests at the desk were being offered the "last minute" package deal of the day. This as you say was further compounded by the breakfast information not being passed onto our reservations department - I do know that we honoured the breakfasts as soon as you queried it.

The small range of TV channels ( All the digital channels available in regional WA & 9 Foxtel Channels) is the best possible that we can provide in regional WA. We are looking at trying to get WiFi access to all the rooms .

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I do hope that you will visit us again.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 1, 2012

First of, the facilities and location were great. The apartments are located just a few minutes away the main street and is extremely convenient.

We booked a 3 room apartment (no. 24) which is actually a spacious 2-storey 2 bedroom and an adjourning 1 bedroom. The apartment is on the second floor and upon arrival, is clean and well kept.

The check-in was a tad slow but Linda who attended to me was polite and apologetic. The check-out was speedy and went without a hitch as well.

HOWEVER.

1. The housekeeping leaves much to be desired. The good thing was that the trash from our kitchen was cleared. But a dirty diaper that I left on the floor of the bedroom was still there when I returned. And the trash bin of dirty diapers in the bathroom was not emptied. The housekeeper must have been in a hurry because he/she left a pile of dirty towels on the floor of the living room. Bath towels of one of our rooms were also not replenished.

2. Reception counter closes at 7pm. This appears to be quite typical of Margaret River hotels and I accept that to a certain extent. But when we called the after-hours number to request for clean towels (see 1), the manager said 'you were told to call before 7pm and there is nothing I can do for you now'. Aside from the unpleasant attitude, would it be so difficult for the after-hours manager to have a key to the housekeepers office for these things?

3. We had no hot water on a 12 deg night. The manager who came eventually gave us an unmistakable sense that we were interfering with her evening. We can reasonably expect that nothing can be done until an electrician fixes the circuitry (she said the storm made everything topsy turvy) but it will be nice if she was friendlier about it and didn't sound like we were causing the problem.

Overall, the apartment was extremely good for the location but I wouldn't go back unless they improve their service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Tsosti, General Manager at Darby Park Serviced Residences, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor, as I have been away on annual leave I haven't been able to respond sooner.

I am disappointed at all of the areas that you have highlighted and have disccussed this review with all departments concerned. There is no excuse of the lack of housekeeping and I apologise for the incident.

With regard to the duty manager's attitude, this again has been addressed and she is sorry for her unproffesional behaviour. In her defence I would like to mention that she was under a lot a pressure, but doesn't excuse the attitude.

I do hope that we can persuade to visit Darby Park in the not too distant future.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed in a downstairs Apartment and I was happy that it overlooked the Forest because that was all that was going for this accomm.... all the furnishings including the lounge suite was 'dark' and 'old'....the method of turning the shower on was hideous that you got a cold 'soak' leaning under the shower rose to access the tap....my hint for future travellers: don't get a downstairs apartment because whenever the upstairs shower was used we had water noise in our bedroom wall which was behind our bed and was annoying if the tenants upstairs chose to shower early or late at night....for the price of this accomm I am sure we could have found better....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Rosebud,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review, I have just returned frrom annual leave, hence the delay in responding.

I have noted your comments about the furniture, shower and room location. As two of these issues are "structral" I am not able to fix them, but have passed on your comments about the lounge suite to our operations manager.

Once again thank for your constructive feedback