“Friendly service, cosy place”
Review of Arc of Iris

Arc of Iris
Cuisines: Asian, Mediterranean, Seafood, Australian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are Margaret Rivers oldest restaurant! and have been delighting both locals and visitors for over 26 years! Our look is old and eclectic, still referencing the restaurants humble beginnings when tables,chairs,crockery and cutlery Were bought from the local op shop or donated by regulars.'Miss matched tables and chairs add to the now famous character. The focus is all on the food serving luxury cuts of free range meat with local wines, fresh seafood and Italian pasta as well as that famous duck and venison and that sought after 700g prime ribeye steak. With a reputation for excellent food and welcoming service, you'll find us at the top end of the main street in Margaret River and open EVERY NIGHT from 6pm. We are Fully licensed and our great wine list is drawn from Margaret River local wineries. If you're looking for an exceptional dining experience to bring you back time and time again join us at The Arc of Iris and discover why we have been around for 26 years when so many others come and go.
Reviewed January 31, 2013

It was not a memorable experience. Good news it was BYO, but there was no stand out dish that I can mention. The location is bang in the main street between 2 other restaurants - kind of a shop-front. I can have that experience in the city. Suggest if you want somewhere with a lovely outlook you do your homework. (I didn't).

There are newer reviews for Arc of Iris

Reviewed January 30, 2013

The menu was a representative selection of local produce, with the style of cooking suited to each dish. We had the pork and venison, both of which were excellent. The decor of the restaurant was slightly eclectic, but suits the overall ambience of the MR region. Worthy of a visit in anyone's itinerary.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is a highly sort after restaurant in Margaret River where you usually have to book. The staff were helpful and friendly; the food was terrific and worth the price. But the ambience was somewhat lacking having been seated at an outside table and having to use cutlery and glassware that looked like it should have been replaced 20 years ago. But perhaps that was on purpose – we hear that the Australians have created a new restaurant category called ‘Casual Posh’.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband and I ate here on the weekend whilst on holiday. The majority of the menu was gluten free, which made it difficult to order as I'm not used to so many options! We decided on the seafood platter for two and it was delicious! They made everything gluten free for me, including fried calamari using GF flour and seafood spring rolls using rice paper (I haven't eaten a spring roll for almost 20 years, so I was very excited!). Hubby and I were very glad we decided to skip having an entree as the amount of food on the platter was more than enough. However, we did have just enough room left for dessert. My husband (who is not coeliac) had his favourite sticky date pudding and they served me a gluten free chocolate and walnut cake with vanilla ice cream, berry coulis and chocolate sauce. The staff were super friendly and accommodating. I highly recommend this restaurant to my fellow coeliacs.

2  Thank Mandy_the_SillyYak
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Good location,had all the entrees as a main to share for 2 of us.Salad came the same with every entree, bit same same. Tasty but some entrees a little small and not so good.
Staff nice and moved us inside when we asked later on as it was getting cold.

1  Thank starfluff