“well worth the visit”
Review of Voyager Estate

Voyager Estate
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: With wine at the centre of everything we do, we invite you to a different style of lunch dining. We offer two different wine-paired set menus, designed to showcase the best in wine and food matching. The 6-course Wine Discovery Menu is our signature experience that reveals our story from from the vines' beginnings through to the celebration that comes with enjoying the finished wine, and carefully crafted with local, seasonal produce. Our 4-course Margaret River Discovery Menu showcases the best of the local area and surrounding South West. As this is a journey of discovery, we don't publish our menus in advance. Our website lists some of the key produce you can expect, and our chefs will cater to most dietary requirements and food dislikes if you let us know in advance. We look forward to welcoming you during your next visit to Margaret River.
Reviewed October 11, 2012

make sure that you try the wine tasting offered as a flight with Ipad. The wine tasting that you pay for is definitely worth while if you are interested in learning about Voyage wines ($25).

There are newer reviews for Voyager Estate

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Fantastic layout and setting complete with Voyager's superb wines. Moreover the cellar-door staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful

Reviewed October 8, 2012

The wines we tasted didn't sweep me off my feet, relative to some other places I'd visited, but the restaurant meal was wonderful (lamb) and the rose gardens are a lovely spot to wander for a while.

1  Thank Fiona M
Reviewed October 8, 2012

It is a must see. Do you self a favour. Fantastic set up and the biggest flag i've every seen. Good wines, gardens are superb, you just gotta go and have a look.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I'm sorry for the restaurant which I didn't visit, because of the visit to the cellar door first.

Me and my partner visited the Voyager cellar door recently as we were touring the Margaret River area. Winery's setting looks lovely but unfortunately once you step in, it seems that you are judged by your looks (even in smart casual) or what ever the tasting person's mind was creating in his mind.

At the day (5th of October), we were travelling in two cars and me and my partner arrived first to this cellar door. At the time there were two guys serving tastings, of which one was busy with other customers. We were approached by the "Flavio", who immediately made a decision that he didn't like us, as it could be REALLY obviously read from his face. He served us slowly, doing other tasks and leaving us wonder if he would be back. He seemed to concentrate to another couple, who arrived after us, which for us was fine but he made sure that he was back to us, as any other staff members approached us (whom we actually would have happily changed to if possible). As the "gift to the mankind" made us feel extreamly uncomfortable, we decided to finish quickly abd purchased one bottle of wine which we quite liked. As he packed our purchase in paper, I asked if he could kindly give a small bag and his answer was that he couldn't do that.

Other people from our party arrived to the winery whilst we were leaving and we told them about our experience. Their decision was to have a quick tasting, and they purchased wine too, but somehow managed to get a bag for a single bottle.

Bity that I'm not here to write about the restaurant but this exprerience was enough for us with Voyager. Luckily there is lots of great cellar doors in Margaret River, where we bought lots of wines (like spending over $1000 at the next door winery). This winery has some (the ones that we managed to taste before our escape) good wines, but unfortunately we weren't the customers that at least one person didn't like to see on their doorstep.

4  Thank HolidayHot
Janine C, Cellar Door Manager at Voyager Estate, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

I'm so sorry to read about your bad experience. This is definitely not how we want our customers to feel. We take all feedback very seriously and I will be following this up with our team, and the individual involved. If you return to Margaret River, I hope you allow us the chance to improve your opinion of our cellar door.

Janine Carter