“Wonderful back-to-nature experience”

Harmony Forest
London
“Wonderful back-to-nature experience”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

If you like being close to nature, Harmony Forest is perfect for you. Each lodge is completely set alone in the forest so you really do feel like it's just you in the middle of the bush. The lodges aren't "modern" but they are clean and comfortable with everything you could need. The best part about them is being able to sit on your patio or in the spa and watch possums, bandicoots, etc going about their nightly habits. We also saw lots of kangaroos within the grounds and various birds, including a kookaburra. If you love wildlife and don't mind feeling like you are alone in the middle of the bush, I definitely recommend this experience.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
London
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I love Harmony Forest - recently went back for my 5th visit. It's still as gorgeous as I remembered it, down to the champagne flutes chilling in the fridge. We cooked BBQ's both nights we stayed, the kitchen is well stocked with everything to make it self catering. The spa was as wonderful as I remembered it, and we loved playing 'possum watch' - a mother with a baby in tow came up to eat the carrots we left out for it.

My only complaint was that the lovely white fluffy robes you used to get weren't there any more. Sadness.

But it's not going to stop me going back to this sanctuary every time I want a bit of me time, or am showing visitors all that Margaret River has to offer. Brilliant place. :)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Sunny_Girl72
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Warm, ebracing, peaceful, romantic these are just a few words to describe the Harmony Forest. My Partner and I stayed for 3 nights, we arrived mid afternoon having no problems at all finding the Harmony or the cottage.
When we first arrived there were 3 kangaroos waiting for us on the lawn that was a wonderful welcome! The cottage was warm and inviting with the gas fire lit and the lights on. The little touches of the champagne flutes with love heart chocolates chilled in the fridge were very special.
We loved sitting in the spa watching the possums and bandicoots eating the apples and banana's that we left out for them. The spa was a great way to unwind after a day of travelling around the magic countryside of the pristine South West.
Our cottage (Bronzewing) had everything and more, no it is not 5 star but has so much to offer, you could not put a price on the peace and serenity. Our cottage was very clean and the bed was warm and comfy.
The added breakfast vouchers for the Caves tea rooms was a very nice surprise.
We will definately be back

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2011

If you have ever fancied the idea of going bush for a bit of peace and serenity but the idea of a tent and very few conveniences pushes that idea out of your head, pack your clothes, yourself, a few essentials and head to Harmony Forest.
What awaits you is a beautifully maintained cottage with a living area looking directly out at bushland that ajoins a national park and is blessed with an array of native animals. Step out of your doorstep for a stroll around the tracks surrounding the cottages and you are sure to see kangaroos and emus. At night time relax in the beautifully maintained garden of the cottage and have a bandicoot come for a play.
This place is so amazing you may just want to move in, but don't be fooled into thinking this is all that is on offer, just minutes away are some of the countries best beaches, and vineyards and wineries galore.
I would recommend a few nights here to anyone looking for a bit of 'me' time, couples looking for a bit of 'us' time and anyone wanting a beautiful base to explore the surrounds that is the Margaret River region.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed May 8, 2011

After numerous holidays to Harmony Forest with my husband in the past I now felt able to make a return visit on my own. As I drove in and again saw the familiar cottage with its beautiful flowering shrubs and towering forest I knew I would enjoy this stay. I walked in and found the cottage warm and welcoming. As a lady on my own I felt entirely safe,and thoroughly enjoyed the relaxing outdoor surrounds, with visits from the wrens and nightly visits from the quendas and possums. On my last day an emu escorted me to the lake and a kangaroo saluted me as I left the property.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 5, 2011

This place was truly relaxing and revitalizing. It has been kept with a very natural feel, allowing tame wild life to frolic around the cottage and great views of the forest through the large open windows. Fitted with a spa and kitchenette, you could really enjoy lounging around drinking great wine and eating home made canapés purchased from the very near wineries, cheese factory, venison farm and chocolate factory.

• Stayed May 2011
Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 3, 2010

I felt compelled to write this review as I have recently stayed at Harmony Forest and I feel that some of the reviews are very unjust and misleading. It is a great place for a romantic break if you want some tranquility and to be close to nature.

Harmony Forest is exactly what it purports to be - a series of self catering lodges located in Forest surroundings. Our lodge was clean, well maintained and well provisioned. The beds were comfortable, the bathroom clean (with fresh towels etc.) and the kitchen was provided with the necessary utensils to allow you to cook basic meals.

The attraction of Harmony Lodge is the tranquility. Each lodge is in its own area and you cannot see or hear anyone else. This is a place you go to unwind in beautiful, natural surroundings.

The recpetion is a shed with a phone (to contact the owners if necessary), but that is all that is required and is in line with the theme of "being left alone" (you are in the middle of a forest after all!) We arrived late at night and easily located our key and directions to our lodge. The lodge was clearly signposted and we were greated with the lights on and the fire (gas) lit. It was very welcoming.

This is not a 5 start hotel/resort - we didn't expect it to be. We wanted a clean and welcoming lodge, with a fire, in a forest, surrounded by kangeroos and other native wildlife. That is exactly what is advertised and is exactly what we got.

I would recommend this to anyone who wants clean, basic, forest located accomodation. Probably not so suitable for young children as there is not much for them to do other than explore the forest and play the provided board games. However, it is perfect for couples who want a no-fuss romantic get away (the spa bath was great).

We will be heading back in summer

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple