“Australia at its absolute BEST!”
Review of Harmony Forest

Harmony Forest
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Australia at its absolute BEST!”
Reviewed June 16, 2011

If you have ever fancied the idea of going bush for a bit of peace and serenity but the idea of a tent and very few conveniences pushes that idea out of your head, pack your clothes, yourself, a few essentials and head to Harmony Forest.
What awaits you is a beautifully maintained cottage with a living area looking directly out at bushland that ajoins a national park and is blessed with an array of native animals. Step out of your doorstep for a stroll around the tracks surrounding the cottages and you are sure to see kangaroos and emus. At night time relax in the beautifully maintained garden of the cottage and have a bandicoot come for a play.
This place is so amazing you may just want to move in, but don't be fooled into thinking this is all that is on offer, just minutes away are some of the countries best beaches, and vineyards and wineries galore.
I would recommend a few nights here to anyone looking for a bit of 'me' time, couples looking for a bit of 'us' time and anyone wanting a beautiful base to explore the surrounds that is the Margaret River region.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed May 8, 2011

After numerous holidays to Harmony Forest with my husband in the past I now felt able to make a return visit on my own. As I drove in and again saw the familiar cottage with its beautiful flowering shrubs and towering forest I knew I would enjoy this stay. I walked in and found the cottage warm and welcoming. As a lady on my own I felt entirely safe,and thoroughly enjoyed the relaxing outdoor surrounds, with visits from the wrens and nightly visits from the quendas and possums. On my last day an emu escorted me to the lake and a kangaroo saluted me as I left the property.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 5, 2011

This place was truly relaxing and revitalizing. It has been kept with a very natural feel, allowing tame wild life to frolic around the cottage and great views of the forest through the large open windows. Fitted with a spa and kitchenette, you could really enjoy lounging around drinking great wine and eating home made canapés purchased from the very near wineries, cheese factory, venison farm and chocolate factory.

• Stayed May 2011
Reviewed September 3, 2010

I felt compelled to write this review as I have recently stayed at Harmony Forest and I feel that some of the reviews are very unjust and misleading. It is a great place for a romantic break if you want some tranquility and to be close to nature.

Harmony Forest is exactly what it purports to be - a series of self catering lodges located in Forest surroundings. Our lodge was clean, well maintained and well provisioned. The beds were comfortable, the bathroom clean (with fresh towels etc.) and the kitchen was provided with the necessary utensils to allow you to cook basic meals.

The attraction of Harmony Lodge is the tranquility. Each lodge is in its own area and you cannot see or hear anyone else. This is a place you go to unwind in beautiful, natural surroundings.

The recpetion is a shed with a phone (to contact the owners if necessary), but that is all that is required and is in line with the theme of "being left alone" (you are in the middle of a forest after all!) We arrived late at night and easily located our key and directions to our lodge. The lodge was clearly signposted and we were greated with the lights on and the fire (gas) lit. It was very welcoming.

This is not a 5 start hotel/resort - we didn't expect it to be. We wanted a clean and welcoming lodge, with a fire, in a forest, surrounded by kangeroos and other native wildlife. That is exactly what is advertised and is exactly what we got.

I would recommend this to anyone who wants clean, basic, forest located accomodation. Probably not so suitable for young children as there is not much for them to do other than explore the forest and play the provided board games. However, it is perfect for couples who want a no-fuss romantic get away (the spa bath was great).

We will be heading back in summer

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bellm00
Australia
Reviewed July 26, 2010

We loved the peace and serenity as well as being surrounded by breathtaking natural scenery. The privacy of our cosy cottage made for a lovely and relaxing break from a busy lifestyle and the fresh air and wide open space surrounding our cottage were nourishing to the soul! I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who loves nature or needs some quiet time out to relax and rejuvenate!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2010

This is the ultimate break for a weekend away from Perth. Fantastic location amounst the forest with it all to yourself. No need to check in, close to many wineries, The feeling after a couple of days relaxing down here is what the doctor ordered. Have already booked to returned.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Perth
Reviewed April 17, 2010

This was the most atrocious travel experience we have ever had...I am still recovering, six months later. Take the 1 rating review already here and duplicate it for my experience almost exactly. Couldn't find the "reception" area which was actually a shed/shack in the middle of nowhere at the end of hand painted sign that said "reception 20 meters". We opened the door to our room to be greeted by the most insect infested room we have ever seen. Unbelievable. It was freezing cold, dirty, with an old little heater and soiled carpet. Four different types of insects in the shower, but "hey, we came for the spa!" The pictures had been amazing!! And the travel agent highly recommended itl....it was after all, a "Resort"....Too bad the spa was dirty and occupied by insects as well. We complained about the insects, and the owner said "Well, it is the bush." We said we would need to go somewhere else and could we have a refunde. He said "yep". I asked "Are you sure?" and He said "Yep". (We had paid $300 a night for this nightmare". Monday, I called the travel agent, Discover West, who hung up on me when I complained (politely) and then refused to give me the refund. I have lived all over the world, including third world countries and nothing has been as bad as this. Is there a negative number rating?

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HaniPerth
MargaretRiverHarmony, Manager at Harmony Forest, responded to this review, May 12, 2010
The management of Harmony forest feels very upset that a guest should seek to defame and vilify our establishment. The insects he refers to were midgies and not many of them, just a smattering, and are quite harmless. We leave lights on to welcome our guests which occasionally attract a few insects but never to a large extent. The guest we believe may have had another agenda for wishing to leave our property. He had booked through a third party and therefore was not our direct client. We don’t believe he paid $300 as we don’t charge that nor do our property retailers on our behalf. We don’t advertise ourselves as a resort but as self contained cottages and don’t offer any resort facilities. We have the highest of standards in our cleanliness and our guests are guided into the property by lighting and locally crafted signs in keeping with our Margaret River forest environment. Our heating, also in keeping with our clean green approach is a gas fired pot belly which heats the cottage beautifully. We feel there was not a good reason for demanding a return of their money, and deciding on a whim to depart leaves the owners with a very difficult decision when considering the opportunities there are for guests to retaliate publicly. Our guest books on display in each cottage endorse our belief that our guests have a delightful experience at Harmony Forest.