“Wineries tour with Neill McLeod”
Review of McLeod Tours

McLeod Tours
Ranked #3 of 52 Tours in Margaret River
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: McLeod Tours signature full-day Eat + Drink + Explore Tour captures some of the best local wineries, a brewery and highlights from four local food producers, while travellers short on time have the option of a condensed half day tour (morning option or afternoon option (includes lunch). On the unique Sunset Kangaroo Safari tour, visitors find themselves face-to-face with Australia's most iconic native draw card, while lovers of the great outdoors can explore the region's stunning scenery and remarkable natural and cultural attractions on the Forest, Cave and Lighthouse Tour. For the complete Margaret River experience, the Margaret River 3-day tour package has it all, including transfers from Perth and Mandurah and 2 nights accommodation. McLeod Tours also specialises in designing custom itineraries for exclusive tours - the possibilities are endless, and can be made to fit any taste, time and budget! Visitors to Margaret River are guaranteed to find something special here - Delectable food, world-class wine and a vibrant local arts culture; vistas of tall tree forests fringing white sandy beaches and spectacular surf, and picturesque vineyards stretching to natural bushland populated by Australian wildlife; hiding underground, a network of brilliant caves. With so much to experience there is something for everyone. From the team at McLeod Tours, we hope you enjoy your visit!
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wineries tour with Neill McLeod”
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Best wine tour ever. That included coffee tasting, chocolate factory and Roos. Neill is brilliant because of his vast experience. Next time we travel from Ireland he will be on our list of To Do,s Excellent!!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank mervilleashton

Brisbane, Australia
“Great day with a great guide!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We spent a fantastic day in Margaret River with John on this tour. He was very knowledgable and provided a great insight into the region. The day was a great balance between wine tasting and the variety of foodie options in the region. We highly recommend this tour!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Magical night”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I was given the opportunity to join my friends on the Sunset Kangaroo Tour, even though we had seen kangaroos multiple times rarely had we seen them up so close in their natural environment. It was actually quite a magical night sitting by the billabong, devouring the most awesome home made orange cake, with the sun setting in the background. This is my second tour with Neil, the previous being a wine tour which was also extremely enjoyable. Neil is very informative (without being boring) entertaining and very accommodating . I would highly recommend either of these tours

1 Thank Rwenearlythere
Durham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Thank You Neil”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We recently stayed in Margaret River and on the advice of the owner of our accommodation booked a full day wine etc tour with Neil. What a day we had, several wineries, a coffee tasting and visits to a cheese making plant, chocolate factory and olive oil plant. In addition we saw Kangaroos and went to several sites in the area which were not really parts of the tour but which Neil thought we would like to see. (he was right)
Neil is a local man with a wealth of experience of the area and his commentary on the tours is exceptional with lots of local facts thrown in.
If you choose a tour with lunch included you will not be disappointed, the food was brilliant.
These tours are highly recommended, thank you Neil (Howard Dorothy Michael and Erica)

2 Thank Howard S
Calgary, Canada
“The tour with a family feel!”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

If you want to capture all the best Margaret river has to offer with a family feel look no further you have found the best tour available!!

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this tour from the moment we were greeted by Coralie and Neil they did not even hesitate to make us feel a part of their family. After their warm welcome we were then greeted by Jon our official tour guide of the day! Jon is definitely not an ordinary tour guide he definitely has a knack for making people laugh he was very enthusiastic and kept us entertained in between our destinations. Jon had so many interesting stories and anecdotes that just kept you intrigued on what was to come next. It makes such a difference having an entertaining guide!

The tour my friend and I took was the Full Day Winery Gallery & Brewery Tour which I can say this is not any ordinary tour and definitely went above my expectations. I would call this tour a wine appreciation course that will not only teach you incredible amounts of knowledge but truly enjoying and appreciating the hard work that goes into delivering top notch wine. Truly some of the best wines I have ever tasted that I couldn’t help but purchase wine at every winery we visited. The wineries they take you to are some of the most famous in the country you’re not only enjoying the finest wine but the scenery that come with them are absolutely breathtaking. My biggest advice I can share from this tour is make sure you have loads of luggage space to bring wine back if you’re travelling overseas as Margaret River wines are worth making room for!!! Not only do you need to make room for all the wine but the visit to the chocolate factory and my all-time absolute favourite Olio Bello Australia’s most awarded organic olive oil, my luggage was definitely full after that visit! Of course I can’t forget to mention how we started this grand tour but at Yahava Koffee Works smart to start off with coffee tasting first thing! YUM! Overall we not only learned about the best wineries in WA but the sightseeing with the combination of laugher was truly invaluable.

I couldn’t believe all the places their tour took us in a full day , what a way to capture one of the most stunning part of WA! I can confidently say I will not hesitate to return to Margaret River and revisit my new found Margaret River family. I will recommend this tour to all my family and friends and for anyone who really want to capture the heart of Margaret River. Overall it was a day that will remain unforgettable and I will always treasure.

Carmen Ogle – Canadian