Margaret River Hideaway & Farmstay
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Margaret River Hotel(Margaret River)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Grange on Farrelly(Margaret River)
View Hotel
Margaret River Resort(Margaret River)
  • Pool
Stay Margaret River(Margaret River)
  • Pool
Margarets Beach Resort(Margaret River)
View Hotel
All reviewsanimal feedingfarm animalsfarm stayfeeding sessionssuperior cottagethe cottagesfree roaming animalscolonial breweryhighland cattlefarm managerloved the animalsguinea fowlfresh eggs for breakfastfriendly animalsstayed nightsworking farmrun around
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 10, 2011

I was looking for somewhere to take my 2 yr old in Margaret river that was a bit different form the average beachside villa. A farmstay sounded good and I researched th option. I fund the hideaway and the professional website looked like the best of the bunch. I was not disappointed. It was a great find. The owner has only taken over the place in the last 2 years and has (by the sounds of it) made many vast improvements. The cottage we stayed in (basic) was clean, spacious and very comfortable. We enjoyed lighting the fire every night and the bedrooms were very comfy looking out onto the woodland and small adventure playground. We all enjoyed the animals every morning....Julian had a great way with all the guests, but especially the kids, and had lots of different animals. There were baby kangaroos, highland cattle, sheep, alpacas, peacocks, hens, geese, emus and chickens. There were several small touches that made a difference, i.e fresh eggs for breakfast, breakfast provided on first morning, and great hospitality. I would recommend this place if a farmstay is what you are looking for. The only reason I have marked down "value for money" is that it was not a "cheap option", but then nowhere in Margaret River is if you are looking for quality and comfort. Although the hideaway was probably slightly more expensive than other farmstays in the area, it was worth it.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2011

My family and I, along with a friend and her daughter, spent four wonderful days and nights at M.R. Hideaway. It was such a great experience for the three kids - ages 4-6 - and the adults too! Watching the kids feed the animals every morning was an unforgettable highlight, as were the late afternoons when we were asked to corral the sheep and alpacas to their pen. Sipping wine on the patio while the kangaroos hopped about and the kids played with sticks - there is something in it for everyone! Julian was great too - very accomodating and good with the children. Do not hesitate to book this place - fabulous!

Reviewed March 28, 2011

Our experience at Margaret River Hideway was fantastic. We loved feeding the animals. Nothing beats bottle feeding a baby kangaroo and who knew that it tickles your hand when you feed ducks. The cottage we had was lovely and my favourite part was sitting on the front porch just watching the kids run, play and come in for dinner suitably dirty. Coming from a big city our kids rarely get the freedom to do that.

One morning I woke up to hear a tapping on the window, I rolled over to find myself looking straight into the eyes of the peacock that the kids had named Princel. The animals were all great fun. I miss having an alpaca in my yard.

It was a trip we are never going to forget. I am already trying to figure out when we can get back there.

Reviewed March 20, 2011

We stayed for four nights with two teenage children, we loved staying here. The location was great so close to Margaret River for restaurant and shops and yet far enough away so that you had peace and quiet and felt part of the Australian wilderness. Beaches were very close by maximum 10 minute drive where we spent every day as they were just idyllic.

Julian is a great host and the kids loved feeding the animals, taking strolls round the farm and being asked to look after the newest baby Kangaroo. Julian and his team were real stars and included our son in the football games and herding the animals on the motorbike.

We could not ask for a more supportive knowledgeable and caring host.

Reviewed March 16, 2011

We booked a couple of nights here as part of our WA road trip and have to say that Julian and his team exceeded all our expectations ! We have two children aged 8 and 2 who had an amazing experience, feeding the chickens, cattle, alpaca's, sheep (and doing some herding!) and being mummy to the two lovely joey's - bottle feeding them and having them in the "pouch" / rucksack!

We had a really personal trip, julians attention to detail in ensurring the kids have a great time was second to none (and when the kids have a great time, mum and dad have a great time!).

Aside from the experience, the cottages were lovely, very clean, spacious, modern and comfortable (i am not usually that impressed by things like this but the bedding was lovely! Better night sleep than at home!). Julian very accomodating - nothing was too much trouble, and very informative about the local areas, making sure we had the best experience possible while we were there.

Location is great - just a short drive into MR itself.

Just hope we get the chance to go back one day :)

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family