“Beautiful spot, friendly staff and clean relaxing environment.”

Vintages Accommodation
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Margaret River
Perth
“Beautiful spot, friendly staff and clean relaxing environment.”
Reviewed May 17, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed in Queen Spa room 8 at Vintages, we came down for the cow parade art expo. Took a couple hours of research to get the perfect place, not to far from town centre, not too expensive: couple hundred a night and good reviews. And that sums up The Vintages Accomodation! With owner/operators husband and wife team, Glenys and Ray.
The room decor, which after complimenting on was informed was his wife's choice, was fantastic! Clean and modernly furnished.
I took one point off for cleanliness, I found a spot of dust on the bedside lamp and someone had used a vase as bin! Some people are so disrespectful! But these are petty things that I as a professional cleaner found. Better than The Burswood in Perth, the dust I found behind that bed!! I know, I look, it makes me feel more comfortable knowing a place is well looked after. And this is one of the best.
Improvements could be a range of gift baskets on sale, with spa bubble-bath stuff etc. They do give hotel standard bubble-bath stuff and a soap sample from one of the local businesses, which you get a discount with when you mention where you are staying. And they could fill up the vase with marbles or seashells or something to stop rude people using them as bins!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
glenysMargaretRiver, Owner at Vintages Accommodation, responded to this review, May 18, 2010
Thank you for your lovely comments..... I am sorry, and my cleaners will be very very sorry that you found dust behind the bed. cleanliness in our units is extremely important to us....... I will chat the cleaners and then give them a good spanking.

Take care

Glenys

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Dublin
Reviewed May 4, 2010

This is an excellent spot located a couple of blocks from the centre of Margaret River. We had planned to stay for 3 nights and then stay in Dunsborough/Busselton for the last night before heading back to Perth but in the end we stayed put as Glenys was able to offer us another room at a significantly lower price as our original room was already booked. We were really impressed because this was over Easter and the smaller room was also nice. The rooms have everything you could need, they are spotlessy clean and there are laundry facilities available at a low cost. The location of course is the biggest positive. A short walk to all the restaurants and bars in MR (Glenys handed us a map and pointed out all the local attractions and best wineries in the region etc.) and it makes a great base for touring from north to south of the MR region

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 12, 2010

We stayed here even though it was a bit out of our normal budget because everywhere else was either booked up or required more than 1 night's stay for the Easter + School holidays weekend.

My parents, my partner and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The paintings and room decor was pleasant and the rooms were very pretty.

The owner was apologetic that we had a sofa bed which was quite comfortable anyway.

We were allowed to choose between different jams/cereals/breads etc for our continental breakfast which was brought to us the previous night so that we could enjoy it in our own room the next day.

The microwave was also useful.

Location was good since we could actually walk to the main street with restaurants.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Perth
Reviewed March 29, 2010

This is a lovely place to stay. The rooms are bright and cheerful with lovely decor. They have everything you need. Plus being right in the centre of Margaret River makes it easy to get around. The staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and quiet. And the price is very reasonable. I could not have asked for more.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed March 29, 2010

Great little hotel, well appointed rooms, comfortable beds, within walking distance to the main shops and restaurants.

The hosts were friendly and full of information, the rooms were clean and tidy and the beds were large and comfortable.

we stayed two nights and the rooms were serviced each day to a high standard.

Don’t have a bad thing to say about this place, I will send my friends to stay there when they go for a visit.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Belfast
Reviewed February 27, 2010

I am in two minds and am having difficulty writing this review because whilst we were treated brilliantly by the owners who were extremely friendly, helpful and attentive, I left with a sense of disappointment.
This was probably because of over my over expectation due to reading previous reviews, my unawareness beforehand that it was a motel with the subsequent lack of amenities the close proximity of a large telecommunications mast and uninspiring location.
The accommodation was only $60 cheaper than the next place we stayed in Mandurah which was a newer, 50% larger prime beachside duplex villa in a complex with spa and infinity pool.
As alluded to, I cannot praise the owners enough, they went out of their way to make us welcome and even allowed me to use their computer to check in for an onward flight and print off boarding passes( for which I am grateful).
I can agree with the previous reviewer that it might be best to temper your expectations before arrival and appreciate Vintages for what it is ........a very clean well maintained and run motel operated by two charasmatic indivduals.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank gdes_00
glenysMargaretRiver, Owner at Vintages Accommodation, responded to this review, March 6, 2010
Thank you for taking the time out to post your review. I am very sorry you were disappointed. - The last two reviews are the reviews I have been dreading as we have had so many wonderful reviews from previous guest that the expectations of our small accommodation was going through the roof.

We are not a 5 star resort with room for swimming pools, gym's etc. There are so many restauraunts only 250 metres from us - we are only what we are..... a small 12 unit family run accommodation in the centre of Margaret River and as such have no kangaroo's bounding around us in open paddocks.
Our business is based on repeat happy guests and their referrals to friends, we try our best to make them comfortable and their stay filled with great memories,,,,, but we are only what we are.......

Happy travelling
Glenys
Paris, France
Reviewed February 26, 2010

I booked at Vintages Accomodations after reading so many positives revues on Tripadvisor. I have to admit that I was a little bit disapointed... It's a clean motel, near the main street of Margaret River, the room are dark, the table outside was facing the parking and there is nothing really attractive to me.. I have nothing against motels, but I was expecting something different, more typical, and quieter. Maybe you should add the word MOTEL at the name so everyone would know exactly about the type of hotel. For the same price we booked later on an appartment in Redgate Farmstay and we were really happy with the australian spirit + the quiet + the birds end kangoroos around us. Again, I have nothing against Motels, as long as I know what to expect so I can choose the hotel the most appropriate according to my trip ! No wifi, no breakfeast room, no restaurant, no gym, parking right at your door.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family