“Not the worst place to stay”

The View On Hannans
Perth, Australia
“Not the worst place to stay”
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here many many times and normally get a one bedroom apartment. Beds are ok, bathrooms are very small and cannot open some of the doors all the way as they hit the toilet bowls. Foxtel is included which is a bonus. Location is good too, short stroll to pubs and town. Do not try to cook or your stove as it will stink your room out. The range hoods don't really work and my room smelt of steak for 2 days. The filters in the range hoods were all greasy. Will stay here again as my work pays for it, but there is plenty of other good accomodation in kalgoorlie worth checking out!

• Stayed September 2012
TheViewOnHannans, General Manager at The View On Hannans, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I'm glad you enjoyed the free Foxtel channels. We also have 2 free movie channels. I'm glad you were able to make use of the fully self-contained kitchen facilities. Apologies about the state of your range hood. We have recently renovated the bathrooms in all of our one bedroom apartments and during this time have checked that all of the kitchen range hoods are clean and functioning correctly.

We look forward to seeing you again and hope you like our newly refurbished bathrooms.

Kind Regards,
William Brooks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Mandurah, Australia
Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

We are currently staying in a two story apartment and on entering a very hot room the first thing we noticed was the awful smell which we discovered was the grill, full of fat and starting to grow. Our next discovery was the dripping tap in the kitchen, closely followed by the leaking toilet. As we wanted self contained for our two week stay we have now taken all of the kitchen contents out of the cupboards and cleaned them, removing left over pasta sauce from pots, rings from coffee cups etc (after going out and buying a new dishcloth and scourer as the ones available were very worn out).
The tap, toilet and grill were reported to reception however the cleaner knew nothing about it the next day.
The standard of housekeeping and maintenance is very poor and I wonder how often checks are done by management.
I would not recommend staying here, I would suggest Quest which from experience we have found to be very clean and well looked after.
We have another 10 nights after which time I sincerely hope this apartment is taken off line and given a long overdue clean along with a full maintenance check

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Angela R
TheViewOnHannans, General Manager at The View On Hannans, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Angela,

Thank you for staying at The View On Hannans and I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.

I apologise for the poor standard of cleaning you witnessed upon arrival. Your communication with our front desk staff helped us to identify and rectify the cleaning and plumbing issues in your room immediately.

I am pleased to advise that since this incident, we have implemented a number of protocols:

1) I have personally spoken to our housekeeping team regarding the servicing of our self-contained apartments
2) We have updated our cleaning procedures and staff training to ensure ovens, grills and crockery are maintained to the high standard that we strive to achieve throughout our property
3) Lastly, we have completed a deep cleaning schedule for all of our 65 self-contained.

I trust that you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade to our business class spa room and your complimentary dinner at The Blue Monkey Restaurant.

I hope that we will be given an opportunity to accommodate you for your future visits to Kalgoorlie.

Kind Regards,

Perth, Australia
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Recently my buddy and I stayed in Kalgoorlie for the weekend to play golf in the Goldfield Amateur Open. We decided to book the View on Hannah as its located in the main street, so for us it was great to walk into town for dinner or drinks, really close to everything in town. Self contained unit (executive apartment), clean, comfy beds and great if you want to cook your own food. Separate locked laundry if you need and the restaurant attached to the hotel does the BEST Mexican Omelet i've ever tasted. The staff were very friendly and helpful even though we only there for 2 nights. My only suggestion would be that the Air-Con in our room was switched on maybe an hour before we arrived, other than that we'll be back next year and hopefully play better golf

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Plymouth
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Me and my partner stayed here for one night and thought we would treat ourselves to the family spa room, it is very big with a queen bed in the main room as well as two bunk beds in another room so perfect for a family. The blue monkey restaurnat next door offers room service which we took advantage of for dinner and breakfast, the food was lovely but a little pricey. If you dont want to do that they room came with a fully equpied kitchen and dining room table, there was even milk in the fridge for your tea and coffee. The spa bathrom was huge with large spa bath and walk in shower. The only trouble was after running the bath we then didnt have any hot water for a few hours. The room was spotless and I would recommend to anymone. The rooms are apartment style and you can park right outside.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Helen D
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Australia
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Not too bad but not really for families...service was helpful and friendly and located within short stroll to woollies.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Perth Western Australia
Reviewed February 27, 2012

We checked in on friday,booked for 3 nights. Got to the standard appartment and it was really hot inside. Turned on the airconditioner and it didnt really cool just moved the warm air around. I rang reception, whilst the lady was helpful she said that the aircon takes a while. We were travelling with a 6 month old who wouldnt settle as it was so hot to the point that I borrowed a fan of some friends who live in Kal. When we turned the lights down the cockroaches then put in an appearance, the final straw being when one ran over our sons face. I complained to reception and although sympathetic, they offered us a 2 storey appartment but the aircon really wasnt much better and by then my wife refused to stay any longrer so at 9.30pm (2 1/2hrs) we left for another hotel. I think that a) having lived in Kalgoorlie for 5 years the aircon units are too small for the area you are asking them to cool bearing in mind that there is a shower in the room b) you need to claen under the stove or fumigate the units as this is where the roaches were coming from. Would I reccomend the hotel, no probably not unless you are a miner, there are better places to stay for similar money.Gary W

Room Tip: Try a different motel?
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank ap0706
, General Manager at The View On Hannans, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear ap0706,,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay.

I am glad you found our front desk staff helpful and I am very sorry to hear about your room experience.

Your communication with our front desk staff helped us to identify an inspect problem in your original room and we have successfully implemented a pest control program in order to address this issue and achieve the high levels of cleanliness that we strive for.

I have also worked closely with our maintenance staff to ensure that our all of our reverse cycle air-conditioners are working efficiently and we have installed new units in several of the rooms.

Regards,
giffard
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Great site, facilities, quiet airconditioner, clean comfy and affordable. fantastic that they provide longer accomm for folks new to town for work - To be commended ! Disabled/elderly just be aware that some rooms ? dont know if all are beds upstairs over loung/kitchen/toilet downstairs...

Room Tip: Disabled/elderly -make sure to ask for sinlge level room - ours was upstairs beds over lounge/kitche...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business