“Very Pleasant Experience.”

Rydges Kalgoorlie Resort and Spa
“Very Pleasant Experience.”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

My partner and I stayed at the Rydges Kalgoorlie for 4 nights at the end of December (meant to be 5 nights but shortened to 4 nights as a lot of attractions in Kalgoorlie were not open in the Boxing Day week).

We had a 1 bedroom suite and it was very clean, well maintained and spacious. Both the living room and bedroom had a nice big LCF TV each and the bathroom was of a good size. There was a washing machine in the bathroom but unfortunately, I could not figure out how to use it and had to finish the washing in the common laundry. But that aside, everything was great. The kitchenette was very handy and functional.

Service was cordial and morning breakfast is pretty ok with hot food available.

I would certainly stay there again if we visit Kalgoorlie again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank E K
EdwardTKBrennan, General Manager at Rydges Kalgoorlie Resort and Spa, responded to this review, March 1, 2012
Dear E K,,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Rydges Kalgoorlie Resort and Spa, in the heart of the Goldfields.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and you appreciated the larger than normal room and bathroom. I have gone through the rooms that provide washing machines, based on your feedback to ensure they all have operating instructions in them.

Unfortunately, in Kalgoorlie, many attractions and businesses do shut on public holidays. However, not a bad chance to take advantage of our resort style swimming pool and Alleya Day Spa!

I am please you will stay with us again if visiting Kalgoorlie and hope to see you soon.

I appreciate the feedback provided and I do hope to see you once again at Rydges Kalgoorlie Resort and Spa.

Edward Brennan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Albany, Australia
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Quick check in room great as always would have liked a product for the spa
A funny smell from the bathroom?

Overall very nice @ relaxing

• Stayed January 2012
Dear Greg8780,,

I am pleased you enjoyed you stay with us and that your check in was efficient. We offer a bath product in each room, however in this instance it does sound like this was missed which I have addressed with the team.

Unfortunately, in order to investigate the smell in the bathroom I would need to find out which room number you did stay in. However, we have not recieved any reports of this recently in any rooms so I am confident it may have been a one off incident and has been rectified.

Reviewed January 7, 2012

I stayed with family over Christmas at this hotel and was very pleased. The rooms were massive and clean, heavy curtains meant darkness for a good sleep. The pool great for little and big kids and half undercover so you don't have to worry about sunburn. Each staff member (including office, kitchen and maintenance) happy and helpful. The only improvement I could suggest would be breakfast. Unfortunately there wasn't much to choose from nor did it change (except for the yummy muffins which changed daily).

I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ChampersGirl_06
Dear ChampersGirl_06,

I am pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and our family facilities such as resort style swimming pool was well utilised by your family.

In regards to breakfast we have looked at the offerings available and are continuously trying to improve and offer based on feedback what our guests are requesting. (I have passed on to our breakfast chef of 9 years that you liked her homemade muffins).

I am also pleased you found the team friendly and helpful, and have passed this on to them\

I do appreciate the feedback provided and I do hope to see you once again at Rydges Kalgoorlie Resort and Spa.

NSW Australia
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I recently returned to the Rydges, Kalgoorlie for my second stay and was not disappointed. The rooms are very large and comfortable with great bathroom and excellent products supplied. The rooms were very quiet and nice dark curtains so you could wake up when you felt like it. Although my travel companion did complain that the people in the room above him were very noisy. The senior reception staff (a lady who's name I think was ?Karen) was exceptional, so friendly and helpful. The pool area and gardens are lovely and well kept. The only thing I could find a complaint with was the restaurant prices, a bit high and the housekeeping staff, although very nice were a bit hit and miss. Some didn't speak very good English. I was there a week and I don't think my room was vacumed. Altough the rooms are nice some things need attention. I noticed wear and tear since my previous visit a few years ago. My carpet was stained and probably needs replacing as well as maybe bit of a paint job needed.

Room Tip: Maybe choose a upper level room to avoid noise from upstairs.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank GlendaNSWAustralia
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We got given a room with blood and what looked to be semen on the doona (if you get a chance look at the doonas underneath the covers as well, all stained etc) as well as old food stuck to the table, crumbs everywhere and stains on the carpet and food and drink spilt everywhere, shower had soap scum, walls had brown marks etc. got a cleaning lady in who tried to wipe the table to get the food off and when it wouldn't just picked at it with her nails, wiped her face with the same cloth and then tried to wipe the blood and stain off the bed and then told me they don't change the doona covers except when they are really dirty. She then also told me soap scum doesn't come off. Went down to see the manager, got told we could come back another time. Felt a bit queasy after seeing all of this so left. Worst service ever and after seeing blood sweat and semen on my bed I would never ever recommend anyone stay here. Especially considering it has a 4.5 star rating!! They should have it removed. Looks nice on the outside but not worth the hefty $$. So disappointing..

• Stayed December 2011
6 Thank 198888
EdwardTKBrennan, General Manager at Rydges Kalgoorlie Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 14, 2012
Dear 198888,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay.

I am disappointed that the standard of cleaning was as you have mentioned as this is certainly not a regular occurrence, in fact we frequently have feedback regarding the high standard of cleanliness.

I have addressed the issues highlighted with our housekeeping team, and while retrospectively, this does not alleviate the problems you encountered, the feedback given has given us the opportunity to address areas that were not to standard and rectify them.

Again, I thank you for your feedback as positive or negative feedback only helps us to improve.

Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Australia
Reviewed December 21, 2011

We enjoyed a long weekend here recently that was only let down by repeated instances of bad food. First night in was room service that took an hour to arrive ...cold. Then the buffet breakfast at 30 bucks a pop with stale bread and unbelievably ..cold bacon. Because of the location (a bit too far to walk elsewhere) we tried breakfast again the next day thinking to avoid the problem by ordering off the menu - pancakes were fine, but they got us again with burnt coffee.

In the room the spa bath was fantastic and the complimentry products smelled great too. A little warning about the Sunday session (??) at the pool and we might have enjoyed that more, but I did manage a couple of swims when it was less populated. Overall, I would stay again but I'll be making use of the microwave!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank itchysoul
EdwardTKBrennan, General Manager at Rydges Kalgoorlie Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
Dear itchysoul,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our resort. I am disappointed we did not meet your expectations regarding your dining experience. We have certainly reviewed our shortfall in our provision of service with the team, and I am confident that the delays you experienced with room service have been rectified.

In regards to your breakfast experience, I am confident again, after review that we have rectified this and indeed our food is hot, tasty and fresh.

I am pleased that you found our room to your satisfaction and we have now checked that collateral advertising the Sunday Session is in all of our rooms.

Feedback, whether positive or negative, only helps us to improve and for this I am thankful that you have provided us with the opportunity to do so.

Please feel free to contact me when you do wish to stay with Rydges Kalgoorlie Resort and Spa again, and I am confident that we can not only meet but exceed your expectations.

Reviewed December 10, 2011

this property is outstanding as are the staff.we had a lovely visit to Kalgoorlie and had a great stay at the resort.The room was very clean and modern.The dinner we had was sensational and all the staff were very friendly.Will be back.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank raymond s
EdwardTKBrennan, General Manager at Rydges Kalgoorlie Resort and Spa, responded to this review, December 14, 2011
Dear ramond s,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found your dining experience to be sensational. I will pass your comments on to our team whom it will be pleased to see such positive feedback.

I look forward to meeting with you on your return