“Great Bar”

Ranked #11 of 94 Restaurants in Geraldton
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Provincial Lounge Bar is a contemporary urban style bar in Geraldton. Meals are available Tuesday to Saturday from 5:30. The Bar Menu is served from 4:30 pm featuring wood fired pizza and light meals. A good selection of beer, cider, wine and cocktails are available till the late hours. Late Night Pizzas on Fridays & Saturdays till 11:30pm Great music is part of the magnetic atmosphere at The Provincial Bar every night. If your visiting Geraldton, The Provincial is a must experience.
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I have never dined at The Provincial, but I have been in there for a few drinks every now and then.
The atmosphere is wonderful, and staff are great, and the décor is awesome. Very fun. Drinks are a good price, and I must say, that their food does some delicious. I am looking forward to visiting this place for food, I like to try new places and this one is on my list. Good job guys.

1  Thank MissXeneminie

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I was pleased to find The Provincial open on a Sunday evening when much of Marine Terrace, Geraldton, was closed, so it scores good marks for that. At around 6pm I ordered a marinara pizza to take away and had a glass of red wine while I was waiting. The wine pour was generous and the shiraz was good. The pizza was disappointing: a too-soft and floppy base with a crust, when I was hoping for thin and crisp. The topping was mainly baby calamari, which were fine, but the rest of the seafood had swum away or escaped the chef in the kitchen. Hard to judge the atmosphere, except that the whole place was fairly dark and there were only four in-house guests, including two children. The only visible staff member was friendly, positive and helpful but was plainly under-employed and spent most of his time sitting in a leather lounge chatting to the guests, who seemed to be friends or mayb even the owners. Maybe business picks up later in the evening.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Obvious change of owners here. Always has been a great feed. Menu change from an awesome selection of a la carte to snacks and pizza only and now back to a la carte. However their definition of a la carte is pick only from set menu of 2 courses or 3 courses. If you only want an entrée or main too bad you can not. I don't get it. I hope they change it back as it has sooo much potential.

1  Thank Gloria C
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Came here 6 months ago and had an excellent steak from a diverse menu. Was looking forward to more of the same but was disappointed to see the menu was just pizza and tapas. I was
Told that they has changed things as it had been quiet lately. Such a shame.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Called back this week, they have sectioned off the rear of the place & now only serve Pizza & light meals (snacks) for their food offering.

It was a Wednesday night when I called, but the place was deserted, besides me & the barman (owner?) there were only 6 other ppl of all night.

The pizzas are very cheap ($19) for a eat - in & very tasty, but I don't think that will be enough to bring me back.

I hope this place survives, the European idea of a small bar/cafe is great and provides a good alternative to the beer barns & nightclubs.