All reviews double bed ocean rates chalet perth roadhouse
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We were only passing thru Geraldton and I thought this sounded like a good spot with beach access so we could stretch our legs before the next part of our trip. The holiday park is not really as lively as it appears on the net, there were no other children and seems set up for permanents more so than tourists. Firstly we booked on wotif for 2 adults 1 child (seeing 1 child at 13 according to wotif is classed an adult) but was informed on arrival I needed to pay an extra $30 for the extra child despite the fact that there was only myself and the 2 kids! Was told it was either that or lose my booking AND my payment. Bit distressing at the time. We were given a cabin with sea views which seemed to have once been an old couple's home, right down to garden shed with fishing rod and very old furniture, the lounge might have been 30 years old. We felt like we were intruding on someone's property. It is about 15 minutes out of town and was not aware there was a supermarket 5 minutes drive away. We did not attempt the beach as we could't work out how to get down there. No directions were given on arrival to beach, supermarket etc and did not feel that we could go back and ask for help. Was not impressed with the entrance/exit being situated on the crest on the NW Coastal Highway, so pulling back out into mainstream traffic is doing so at your own risk. Only one aircon in the living area which we had to rely on at night, having to keep windows closed at night for security, blinds were all broken. Given used "chux" for dish washing. My kids called it the nanna's house, couldn't wait to get out the next morning. The pool and the aviary were very nice.

Room Tip: My experience here made me think it is better perhaps to ring a place direct and discuss their facilities rather than just relying on photos and the best price available on the net.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We booked through a website last minute over the Oz day weekend when there was not much availability of accommodation. Arriving late evening the first impression was of the sun, sinking behind the dunes and the sea. Keys awaiting us and good instructions of where our cabin was - facing the sunset with an unimpeded view. Decking in front with chairs to sit and watch the sun go down with a drink - what else does one want. OK this is not luxury. The cabin was spacious, A/C efficient, the decor a little tired but we had all we needed for self catering - there was a double bedroom. plenty of wardrobe space if you unpack, and there was a triple bunk in the passage between bedroom and lounge/kitchen area for those with children. Each cabin has its own hot water supply and there was plenty of it. I did hear one family complain that things didn't work - but it transpired they had not bothered to go to reception and let the staff know - people who expect everything on a plate should not stay in holiday parks but book into 4and 5 star hotels. We had a kettle blow on the second day - no problem with the breakfast cuppa, there was a hob and a microwave. As soon as reception opened we were given a new kettle, and the staff / owners were very friendly and helpful.
European travelers could do no better in the Geraldton area. There is a short walk to the beach, down through some scrub, across a flat paddock area then up over the dunes, to a lovely beach that extends down to Drummond Cove south and around small points onwards up north. There is a supermarket about 5 minutes drive away and Geraldton has several worthwhile sites to visit. The information centre is particularly good and the staff very informative. This site makes a good base if you are exploring the area or just stopping over whilst exploring to the north of Perth

Room Tip: Ask for one of the cabins facing the sea on the beach side of the site
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stayed at the caravan park over Xmas. According to the website the camp locations were grassed and well maintained. Yeah right!!! We arrived on a hot day to a red dirt caravan park with no grass at all. The red dirt was roasting hot, dusty everywhere. To top it off we were put near a bird Avery that they had in the park which was huge. This ment mice everywhere at night crawling through our tent and 4am wake ups when the 20 or so birds started churping. I love birds and nature but after being out all day in the sun a good sleep would have been nice. The caravan park was also located right on the main road the trucks passing by were so loud all the time. The bathrooms were mouldy and dirty, and shop there is a absolute rip off. We had enough. The website lies..dont even bother staying just keep driving.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank travelwa88
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My unit was large,clean,Owners and Staff was very friendly and helpful,I was working nearby so it was convienent! arrived on thursday,vacated on monday, the park was full all weekend!! great views,long walk to the beach?I had a Budget unit no hot water or toilet or bathroom, not a big problem,when camping you make do!!!! very nice shop and pool, hours 0800 to1900. price unknown as work payed. remember it is a caravan park not a ????hotel!!!!! I will return with my family, for a short break!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2012

When we arrived the place was so unclean.
Hair left on the bathroom and toilet floor, chips under the bed.
Outside ashtrays were left full with butts.
When we spoke to the lady at checkout she just didn't care and answered oh I will let the clean know.
Never stay there again!