All reviews double bed ocean rates chalet perth roadhouse
Reviewed March 19, 2012

This place is located about 25km from geraldton "cbd." We stayed in the budget cabin which was surprisingly well equipped for kitchenware (assortment of sharp knives which is rare to find in a travel kitchen but much appreciated). The budget cabins are right on the highway and are made of plywood so that you can hear each and every roadtrain that drives by - and there are many. Luckily(?) the air conditioner is very loud so that gives you a constant source of white noise. It was fairly cold (temperature) the night we stayed there so we just kept the fan going. The funniest thing about this place is that there are signs in various locations advising that the additional cost of whatever was $30 (Dishes left uncleaned $30, animals left inside $30, etc). The budget cabins did not have an ensuite but the shared facilities were very clean and just 25m away. The cabins did have sufficient space around them to comfortably tie up the dog so he could have a bit of a wander without coming close to the neighbours. I made the booking by telephone and found the reception to be very personable and rather entertaining. The view from the beach bungalows looked pretty amazing. It was a fair hike down to the beach, and a fairly steep climb back up. Enh, it was dog friendly and the cheapest option available, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank desktopdreamer
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Stayed in one of the Cabins with sea veiws last night with my wife and two kids for $190 for 1 night. The room was run down and floor was like walking on a trampaline, Air con didn't work and was so loud you couldn't watch tv, when I went to open window to let air in, the Curtin fell down and rod hit me on the head. Place is absolute run down hole and the biggest rip off for a cabin in a Holiday park I have ever been to. DO NOT STAY HERE !

Room Tip: Don't waste your hard earned money, there all rubbish expensive
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank John c
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We arrived at Drummond Cove Holiday Park with 3 young children and an 8 month old baby on a 41 degree day, staff gave us our key and told us it was "the one with the aircon unit on the outside". As we entered our room we were hit with an absolute heat wave, we couldnt stand to be in there for more than a few seconds it was soo hot. I immediately put all 4 kids back in the air conditioned car and waited for my husband to turn the air conitioner on in the room so that it was bearable, we waited and waited and eventually my husband advised that the air conditioner was not working. He turned the airconditioners on in the bedrooms but to sit in the living area was unbearable and all 6 of us had to sit in the bedroom untill I asked staff to change rooms. I went up to reception and was told "yes that airconditioner is broken but the bedrooms air cons work (they were tiny by the way) so you'll have to sit in the bedrooms to get cool"......... Why were we not told on check in that the aircon was broken IT WAS A 41 DEGREE DAY? If they had advised us of this apon check in i would have told them right away that we were leaving. The manager advised she would bring us a fan and that if we waited a while the bedroom aircons would cool the whole place up. We waited for another 1/2 hour and still the manager was too lazy to bring a fan to us and still we were all stuck in the bedroom. Even a quick dash to the kitchen was absolutely unbearable. Eventually we had had enough so my husband told her we were checking out and going elsewhere only to be told that they would be charged a $50 Cancellation fee. Absolutely shocking. We paid $175 per night for a 2 bedroom airconditioned unit and we got a 2 bedroom sweat box and they have the audacity to charge us a $50 cancellation fee. I really wish i had listened to all the other reviews and cancelled as soon as i read them. Everything everyone has said is so true. The place is a hot dusty dive, you wont see a blade of grass anywhere and the manager is a deceitful woman after a quick buck.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank tammi o
Reviewed October 21, 2011

We stayed here recently on our way up North. I had booked last minute for our way up and also for the stop-over on our way back down. BIG MISTAKE! The 1st cabin/house we stayed in wasn't great but was bordering on OK. It was a decent size for our family of 6. It was fairly clean and the view over the ocean was fantastic if not for the broken fly screens. We stayed 1 night arriving at 6pm & leaving at 8am. Beings as we had already booked to stay another night on the way home we returned 10 days later. We were put into the far end cabin overlooking the ocean. The cabin was in the worst condition I have ever seen. The floor was crawling with ants and bugs. There were dead moths squished on the curtains & on the dining room chairs. The mattresses on which my 3 kids were supposed to be sleeping were soiled and stained. I sprayed the room with the supplied insect spray but found dead bugs had been swept under a mouldy old couch, which just attracted more ants. My youngest child is still crawling so there was no way we were going to stay there. We packed the car back up and I went to the office to complain. I was offered another cabin but refused & left. I paid $175 in good faith for the 1 night accommodation. I have since sent them a letter of complaint and asked for my money back beings as it was their fault the cabin was not up to standard (even a very low standard at that). I've heard nothing back. I don't think they care about their customers and as long as they keep getting their 1 night stayers (who are oblivious to the standards) they will probably continue to run a shoddy, couldn't care less, kind of business.

Room Tip: Keep driving........Northampton looks like a nice town to stay in for a quick stopover.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank Rebels M
Reviewed October 17, 2011

When I finally found somewhere to stay for our family of 6 at such short notice I was stoked! But this place is actually 15.5kms from Gero, not 13kms, 1st surprise. After the $150 Cabin fee then extra fees for each child staying, when I checked in I was slugged extra money for linen as the cabin sleeps 12 but only has linen for 4 (would have been nice to know from the info or rather lack of it on the site). While waiting for the keys I looked outside to see the pool area, the "amazing pool" as talked up on the site, was 3/4 empty & green.
We got to the cabin & opened the door to be hit in the face by the musty old smell. After unpacking the car, the kids sat on the couches while waiting for their lunch & our 11 yr old son fell through the couch! On further inspection, under the couch/futon mattress covered with a sheet we found the chipboard supporting the mattress had been smashed leaving a massive hole which had just been covered with the mattress. My husband asked the owners in they knew about it & they claimed they didn't. There's no way they could've missed that if proper cleaning takes place on a regular basis, which we're guessing doesn't. The floor was dusty & felt disgusting underfoot, & under all the beds is were sand & dust piles. Hayfever suffering was an understatement. The only thing that was clean was the kitchen & the bathroom surprisingly. We contemplated trying to find accomodation in Kalbarri which was our final destination rather than sleep in the beds but as we couldn't afford it we had to stay. Within 20 minutes in bed, our son had 2 bug bites & by the next day all 4 kids had been bitten by something in their beds. I was too scared to sleep incase something crawled over me during the night! The wildlife park was just an Avairy & the kids playground was not what it was talked up to be on the site. All in all we hated our stay & I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone, I'd rather sleep 6 people in our wagon than stay there again. I wish I had've checked this site for reviews before booking.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family