All reviewsdouble bedoceanrateschaletperthroadhouse
Reviewed October 17, 2011

When I finally found somewhere to stay for our family of 6 at such short notice I was stoked! But this place is actually 15.5kms from Gero, not 13kms, 1st surprise. After the $150 Cabin fee then extra fees for each child staying, when I checked in I was slugged extra money for linen as the cabin sleeps 12 but only has linen for 4 (would have been nice to know from the info or rather lack of it on the site). While waiting for the keys I looked outside to see the pool area, the "amazing pool" as talked up on the site, was 3/4 empty & green.
We got to the cabin & opened the door to be hit in the face by the musty old smell. After unpacking the car, the kids sat on the couches while waiting for their lunch & our 11 yr old son fell through the couch! On further inspection, under the couch/futon mattress covered with a sheet we found the chipboard supporting the mattress had been smashed leaving a massive hole which had just been covered with the mattress. My husband asked the owners in they knew about it & they claimed they didn't. There's no way they could've missed that if proper cleaning takes place on a regular basis, which we're guessing doesn't. The floor was dusty & felt disgusting underfoot, & under all the beds is were sand & dust piles. Hayfever suffering was an understatement. The only thing that was clean was the kitchen & the bathroom surprisingly. We contemplated trying to find accomodation in Kalbarri which was our final destination rather than sleep in the beds but as we couldn't afford it we had to stay. Within 20 minutes in bed, our son had 2 bug bites & by the next day all 4 kids had been bitten by something in their beds. I was too scared to sleep incase something crawled over me during the night! The wildlife park was just an Avairy & the kids playground was not what it was talked up to be on the site. All in all we hated our stay & I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone, I'd rather sleep 6 people in our wagon than stay there again. I wish I had've checked this site for reviews before booking.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank 1famof6
Reviewed October 9, 2011

The view from the cabins towards the beach is just fantastic. Inside the cabin is shocking, dirty, old and not somewhere I would return to. Couch had large dirty marks and threadbare patches.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank cja2903
Reviewed September 10, 2011

for 1 person-Stayed for 1 night from 8pm until 6am used the toilet once. slept in own vehicle with own power --$30 - robbery. would have been better off travelling a few hrs north and camping in parking bay

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Champs1951
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We booked a house to accommodate two families for a night on our return trip from up North. Yes, the furniture is dated but we found everything clean and adequate. Given the cost of the overnight stay, I was happy with my value for money and would go again for a relaxed weekend with my family.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Seldom have previous negative reviews proved to be so accurate.
This place appears to have been left to decay over 30 or so years,most of the furnishings would be refused by charity shops.
It's not in Geraldton,it's not actually on the beach - the saving grace was that our pretty disgusting cabin had the most amazing views & sat on the balcony with a fresh lobster & a couple of bottles of wine it didn't seem so bad.
I won't go on as previous reviewers have pretty well covered how bad this place is.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends