All reviewsdouble bedoceanrateschaletperthroadhouse
Reviewed October 9, 2011

The view from the cabins towards the beach is just fantastic. Inside the cabin is shocking, dirty, old and not somewhere I would return to. Couch had large dirty marks and threadbare patches.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank cja2903
Reviewed September 10, 2011

for 1 person-Stayed for 1 night from 8pm until 6am used the toilet once. slept in own vehicle with own power --$30 - robbery. would have been better off travelling a few hrs north and camping in parking bay

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Champs1951
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We booked a house to accommodate two families for a night on our return trip from up North. Yes, the furniture is dated but we found everything clean and adequate. Given the cost of the overnight stay, I was happy with my value for money and would go again for a relaxed weekend with my family.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Seldom have previous negative reviews proved to be so accurate.
This place appears to have been left to decay over 30 or so years,most of the furnishings would be refused by charity shops.
It's not in Geraldton,it's not actually on the beach - the saving grace was that our pretty disgusting cabin had the most amazing views & sat on the balcony with a fresh lobster & a couple of bottles of wine it didn't seem so bad.
I won't go on as previous reviewers have pretty well covered how bad this place is.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Steve D
Reviewed April 26, 2011

We were "lucky" we kept telling each other that we had scored 2 spots for our 3 families with a total of 5 toddlers,at reasonably short notice for the extra long easter/ANZAC weekend. Things seemed good on the surface, even the confusion over our already paid for booking could have been excused, (despite the person who was confused being one of the owners, over her own booking system!), if all of the following had not been issues!
Our site was along the roadside area of the campsite ~ fair enough, like I said, we booked fairly late. But this is not a minor road we are talking about. This is a road that carries road trains roughly every 2 minutes. So loud you can't hear someone talking to you. The only protection from this road is a wire fence. Not that a wall or fence would protect you if a road train came off the road, but it might dampen the noise!
Between our site and the aforementioned road was a shrubbed area of approximately 8 mtrs deep. Now this is "dog friendly" park and the stench of dog faeces coming from this area was unbearable enough to prompt me to go and ask for a bucket and shovel so that I could sort out the area nearest to us! This was met initially by an offer of doggydoo bags! I explained that it wasn't due to "my" dog since it wasn't with us, & I wouldn't be picking it up with my hands, so I was given a shovel and plastic shopping bag. Oh ! and, rather than an apology,or an offer to come and fix the problem, an explanation about how irresponsible dog owners are was given!!!!!!!!!!
The holiday park boasts being near to the beach! And Yes!, the sunsets were pretty. But they weren't close to the beach as described in their now "suspended" website. This was a good 25 min walk , or a 2 min drive away!
Ablutions are in need of bins inside the cubicles to encourage people to put rubbish in the bins rather than on the floor, and the shower area needs a mop/bucket. This holiday park has A LOT of red dirt, so naturally this comes in on people's shoes, but it would nice if the shower could be mopped after each use! Two of the 4 showers didn't work properly.
The saving grace for this place is the swimming pool. It was perfect, a shower and toilet are conveniently placed right beside this area and the pool was clean. The kids loved it. However the children's play area is in need of maintenance. The ropes on apparatus are fraying badly. The camp site shop is reasonably priced.
The feel of this place is that it is run by "caretakers" who are new to the job, yet it was in fact run by the owners who established this park more than 20 yrs ago. Their staff knew more about the running of the place than the owners.
Nevertheless, we had a fantastic long weekend with great company, but would NEVER recommend this place to anyone, nor return. The owners are clearly oblivious to the fact that their customers are unhappy!

Room Tip: sites nearest ocean = best view,least road noise
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends