“VAT 2”

Cuisines: Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Vat 2 is in located at the northern extremity of the city of Bunbury and at the foot of the old Bunbury jetty which is currently being de-constructed. It overlooks the Bunbury Marina and Koombana Bay. The food is satisfactory but the ambience leaves much to be desired. Perhaps it requires redecorating. It always seems a bit gloomy to me, which is a shame because it would have to have one of the best restaurant locations in Bunbury and could have great potential..

1  Thank Dale M

Reviewed February 23, 2013

My Wife and I had dinner at VAT 2 last night.
Ciabatta to share, Lamb Rack each, one humongous Pavlova to share with a great Willow Bridge Dragonfly SSB.
Ciabatta was very good with the best Balsamic ever.
The Lamb Rack was superb in quality and quantity.
The Pavlova was magnificent and plenty for the two of us.
The service was so good. I did not pour a single glass.
Certainly one of the better dining experiences in Bunbury over the last 6 years.

1  Thank Robert B
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The 1st time we went to Vat 2 (about 3 years ago) was a bit disappointing as my piece of steak was so hard it wasn't eatable! (especially when consider the price you pay for it) I simply didn't eat my plate!
We gave this restaurant another chance a few month later and we went back a few times since. Mostly to celebrate birthdays or anniversaries.
The food is actually really good, the staff friendly and professional, the decorations and the room are really modern which give it a really classy look.
The outdoor area is really enjoyable too right next to the beach/harbor.
Also a really nice place for cocktails (they were quite strong when we tried them so be careful if you are driving after)

Even if I consider Vat 2 really overpriced considering the type of food is actually really simple despite the fancy names given on the menu, this is one of my top 3 restaurants in Bunbury!
I would definitely recommend the place for a romantic dinner or a special occasion.

1  Thank JeffyZeFrench
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I went to the johnny diesel concert on the foreshore /beach overlooking the boats in the bay wow what a view the food was yummy and their was a large wine and drinks menu

1  Thank fishermansfriend08
Reviewed January 8, 2013

After many satisfying visits here over the years I was surprised to read of disappointed patrons, I guess it can happen anywhere. From the hospitable owner to the long time head chef they are there living the trade, the best location in Bunbury and if ever I was to mention being less than happy with anything, it was noted and if it could be done, then corrected no issue. Great place.

1  Thank mkrobbo