“Not so passionate”

The Passionate Baker
Ranked #1 of 3 Bakeries in Bunbury
Reviewed February 14, 2015

Went there for coffee and something to eat mid morning, after lining up at the counter and placing our order then took our seats the order got forgotten, we weren't given a buzzer and when I asked about one was told I didn't need one. After waiting a while I went up to remind the girl at the counter about our order she then said "oh I forgot", we were then given our order, which consisted of a less than warm bacon and egg burger, a very soggy hash brown, 2 very weak coffees, which were supposed to be double shots and an old tasting slice. Couldn't find anything passionate about the passionate baker.

4  Thank Julie H

Reviewed January 29, 2015

Most amazing breakfast we have ever had. Awesome. Service was terrific, friendly and enjoyable place to eat. The array of breads are something else. The pastries look stunning. Hubby had the Vanilla slice and it was the real thing, even the vanilla and cream Big portion size as well.

Great choice and very busy for takeaways. The coffee is one of the nicest we have tried.

Can not recommend this place enough.

A lovely place to meet up with friends and family

Reviewed January 19, 2015

I have always loved The Passionate Bakers sweet treats, but found their savoury items bland. However, hearing that they'd expanded and were focussing on the 'cafe experience' I was eager to give it another go for a coffee and quick bite to eat.

Lining up at the counter was not a good start. I then ordered two large coffees to dine in and was asked if I wanted them in mugs or take away cups. I also ordered a spinach and ricotta sausage roll and was asked if I wanted the special - as if I knew what the special was. When I queried this I was told "the $10 special". Hmmm, didn't clarify too much!! I settled on just the sausage roll and was given it in a paper bag!!!! I was then charged $14.60 for these three items and given a buzzer - so that when it went off I could collect my coffees. I thought I was in a cafe, not a canteen.

The sausage roll was thin and bland. There was no texture, except for the seeds on the top of the pastry. The coffee was ok.

Very overpriced. I went to another venue for coffee yesterday - staff professional, food and coffee brilliant and cheaper prices. I have no need to return to The Passionate Baker.