“Commercial fishermen stay here and are noisy early in the morning!”

Bunbury Apartment Motel
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Bunbury
Perth, Australia
“Commercial fishermen stay here and are noisy early in the morning!”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Avoid room 29 in the old area. Firstly, when I booked, I didn't realise I would be in the old area, hence old room. It was very clean and well kept, but I would have preferred to have known.
We were at the end in room 29 which housed the outside stairs to the units above us (this is the sort of info I would also have liked to know of - rooms above us!).
We noticed the large boat parked near our room, but my family (incl. 3 kids under 7yrs) were woken at 4.45am to the fishermen going up and down the stairs over a half hour period, loading their boat and also them showering above us! Followed by them leaving in their small truck towing their boat! I was livid as we had a big day planned and ended up having to change our plans due to tired children.
Upon checking out, I suggested to the lady that they put the Fishermen on the ground floor after I explained our early rude awakening. All she could manage was pulling a silly face and the word "sorry".
We'll be looking elsewhere for accommodation for our next trip. A tent would have been better value for money.

Room Tip: Avoid room 29
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Peta O

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Australia
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed for two nights in a two bed apartment - although I booked a studio.
The apartment is clean, comfortable and well equipped. The bathroom is huge with a separate shower and spa. The double bed is comfortable and has a powerpoint in a convenient location to charge my phone overnight.
They only service apartments weekly so don't expect clean towels or the bed made each day.

Overall, I'd recommend this motel if you want somewhere practical, it would be very handy if you were travelling with a family.

My only negative point is the persistent unpleasant "air freshener" smell, I thought it would go away but after two days the place stills reeks, it's making me sneeze.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BVBV
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Good cheap stay with everything you need, including the kitchen and bathroom. Mattress is really soft. Note that the shower is on the a and you need to be able to climb up into a tall spa. Clean, quiet and god overall. Location for central Bunbury.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PandSMadison
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 9, 2013

A clean good sized room, with very comfortable beds, large table, plenty of cupboards and drawers, a fair sized fridge, microwave. Well located near centre of Bunbury. Pool looked inviting but a bit too early in the season to try. Highly recommended for a stop over.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank parkrun_Alan
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 28, 2013

If you are looking for a cheap room that is very basic and tidy...this will suit. Definitely at the lower end of the market but the bed was OK and the heating works. Only stayed one night checked in late and left early so cannot comment on any other facilities. Staff were very pleasant and most helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is a great place to stay when visiting Bunbury. Great rates and lovely rooms. Staff very friendly. Great if you have kids as well. The rooms suit all size familys for holidays to just over night. I recommend you give it a go.

Room Tip: I have stayed in several different rooms and never had a bad one yet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Perth WA
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here for two nights. Close to every thing. Nice big spa in our room for the four of use. Would have liked a DVD player. Great big kitchen as well..................................................

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newer rooms
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family