“Comfortable stay, but I found it difficult to find the hotel.”

Mercure Sanctuary Golf Resort
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Bunbury
Perth
“Comfortable stay, but I found it difficult to find the hotel.”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I stayed there overnight and had a good rest as the room was spacious and the bed was comfortable. The weather was stormy, so I didn't go out and have a look around in Bunbury. All I did was to watch movies and be lazy in the hotel room.

Before I got to the hotel, I got lost so I called the hotel to ask for direction. I told the receptionist I was near the Bunbury Tourist Information Centre and would like to know how to get there, but she didn't know where it was as she said she recently moved to Bunbury. I was very disappointed with what she had just told me and I had to drive around in the heavy rain for a half an hour to find it by myself.

Being in the same industry, I think that it is very important to know around the area, especially major destinations that tourists would go.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sanctuary G, Director of Sales at Mercure Sanctuary Golf Resort, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear guest

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Sanctuary Golf Resort and providing us with valuable feedback on an important area of staff training we have been addressing following your review. I apologise that the member of staff who answered your call was not able to provide you with good information on how to find us.

We hope to welcome you back to the resort when the weather allows you to take full advantage of the facilities.

Sales Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
farnham common
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Located 5 or so kilometres from Bunbury. The Sanctuary Golf Resort provides spacious accommodation (bedroom, anti-room, kitchen and bathroom) and, if requested, views onto the 18th and other greens. Breakfast was continental but a cooked breakfast could be purchased. Everything (parking, bar, restaurant etc) is accessible and the Resort is, in Australian terms, good value. Book a room looking onto the greens and enjoy the evening sun.

Room Tip: Our room - 2 - looked onto the 18th green with verandah that got the afternoon sun. All rooms a litt...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sanctuary G, Director of Sales at Mercure Sanctuary Golf Resort, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent stay and review of the Sanctuary Golf Resort. I'm pleased we were able to accommodate you in a suite with a view of the course and the sunset.

We're pleased you found everything, including Bunbury, conveniently located and that overall you thought the resort was good value for money.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed with family overnight in a 2 bedroom suite. Room had awful musty smell but was otherwise very clean. At night there were midges everywhere! Disappointed that there was a microscopic sized shampoo and conditioner for family of 4 to use in the bathroom. No bubble bath for the bath and the shower ran scalding hot when someone flushed the toilet. The king sized bed was two singles pushed together. There were 2 swings next to the pool but couldn't see a bbq area. Pool was cold but spa on the side was warm, no swimming towels available. Staff were welcoming and friendly. Restaurant was quite expensive. Not somewhere I would stay with a family. Probably be ok for a couples or big girls weekend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank nuttyjan
Dear Guest

Thank you for your very helpful feedback following your stay with us. If you could let me know which room number you stayed in I will ask housekeeping to look into the musty smell. I will also suggest to them that we leave a larger quantity of shampoo and conditioner in the two bedroom suites. It sounds like your apartment had king-split beds which are in about 50% of our two bedroom apartments. The other half of the two bedroom apartments have a king size bed in one room and 2 singles in the other bedroom. The bedding has been designed this way to accommodate golfing groups where 4 guests share an apartment and we split the beds into singles. On your next visit to us please mention that you would like an apartment that doesn't have a king-split bed and we will do our best to accommodate your request.

Due to the size of our pool heating the whole thing is cost prohibitive and hence we are only able to heat the spa year round. Additional towels for the pool are available from Reception.

I'm pleased to hear that our staff were welcoming and friendly and very much thank you for providing us with valuable feedback.

Waikiki
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Staff were very friendly, room was spacious and clean. It was a lovely resort for a great weekend away. My son loved swimming in the pool. Would be better if they had a playground. Will be back Thanks

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear MumOfOne

Thanks for reviewing your recent stay at the Sanctuary Golf Resort. Its great to hear that the pool is back in use after the rainy winter and your son enjoyed it. When you next stay with us you will find our small playground / swings in the back corner of the pool complex. I'm not sure how old your son is but he may also enjoy the tennis court which is near the roundabout as you enter the resort.

We look forward to welcoming you to the resort again.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The rooms are average to above average.. Only stayed one night for work and it suited me fine. Looked out over the golf course which was nice, but it also meant you had to keep the curtains drawn if you didn't want golfers looking in at you. Restaurant had nice food too, but was quite expensive. Breakfast (continental) was included at no charge.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JustMeAgain22
Dear Nathan

Thanks for reviewing your stay at the Sanctuary Golf Resort. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food served in Vittoria's Restaurant despite finding it expensive. Food prices in Western Australia are high compared to those in Sydney and I can assure you that our prices are comparable to those of similar standard restaurants in our area. We would all love to pay Sydney prices!

We hope that you will stay with us on your next trip to Western Australia and thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 5, 2013

While at Bunbury both my wife and I were extremely unwell due to flu but staff at the All Seasons were helpful at all times including where we could see a doctor. We had wi-fi in the room which is always a plus and if we had been well would have enjoyed the area even more.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests

We're very sorry to hear your recent stay with us was hampered by illness but also very pleased to hear that our staff were helpful in finding you a local doctor.

We hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Bunbury and that you will have the opportunity to explore the beautiful surrounds of the Ferguson Valley and the South West.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 2 nights over the long weekend with my husband, 6 year old daughter and parents. We were in a 2 bedroom apartment with 2 bathrooms. The bedrooms/bathrooms were upstairs with living room/kitchen and another toilet downstairs. The apartment was very clean and comfortable, with everything we needed including free wifi and in-house movies. Reception staff friendly and efficient. Car parking outside the apartment was convenient. The Sanctuary is a 5 min drive to Bunbury and easy access on the main road to explore the area. Nice looking pool, spa and kids swings to try out when the weather is better!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for the 5 star review of our property. We're really pleased that you found the two bed and two bath apartment comfortable for the 5 of you. It is definitely worth coming to stay another time when the weather allows your daughter to enjoy the pool!

We look forward to welcoming you back!