“Quiet, clean and impressed”

Mercure Sanctuary Golf Resort
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Bunbury
Adelaide, Australia
“Quiet, clean and impressed”
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

We booked this as part of a trip through South West WA. Had booked a standard room but on arrival we were pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to an apartment. The room was huge, a view of the course, had a king size bed, two TVs, kitchen, lounge etc. The bathroom was big enough for a football team. Breakfast (continental) was included and though basic it was ok. Access was a little hard for wheeling bags due to steps - these last two are why we've dropped the overall by one notch (need a 4.5)
Very close to Bunbury too. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Melbourne
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I stayed 7 days at this resort on my last business trip. My overall experience of this hotel was very pleasant and satisfying. The rooms are spacious and the facilities are well maintained. My room has windows facing directly to the golf course with great views. It also has an outdoor pool and a spa. The spa is heated but the pool is not. So, it is only good for summer months.

The hotel restaurant serves good food and good wines at a very competitive price. It has one of the best steaks I have tasted. The continental breakfast was included as part of my room package and the wireless internet is available free of charge.

Since the hotel is a bit away from the city centre, a car is necessary to get around. However, Bunbury is only a very small city. It does not take long to get anywhere in this city from here.

Unlike other four to five stars hotel chains where everything they offer is charged at a premium price, at this hotel, I do not feel the corporate greed. It is what I would expect for a good business and leisure high end hotel. It is highly recommended. It is be my hotel of choice in Bunbury.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Grahamqla
perth west australia
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I love this resort I have stayed here a few times the rooms a beautiful and spacious and if you get one with a view of the golf course even better. The food is great and all amenities are good. My wife and I like playing a game of golf and it was great just poping out of our room havinig 9 holes and then a shower and a jump in the pool. The only down side to the resort is the distance out of Bunbury but if you don't mind a short drive then its not a problem. If you just want a place to stay and chill out in the Southwest for a weekend or longer this is the place to be.
Highly recommend!!

Room Tip: room with a view of the golf course
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank stevewainwright
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We had a very good stay.
Some have said that you have to walk too far to rooms. Yes it is further than many country Motels where you park on the doorstep of your room. That is unrealistic. It was a very reasonable distance and the paths were very good.
The restaurant was very good (service, food and menu) and reasonably priced.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tim3104
Dublin
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Title says it all really. Staff were SO nice, friendly, helpful. I was there on business so was a flying visit. Room was clean EXCEPT!!! There was dirty underwear on the floor when I lent down to plug in my hairdryer! Ahhhh! Iron didn't work. Shower was amazing, everything seemed clean. I did leave feedback concerning 'pantgate' but no response ever received! I'd probably go back if they could guarantee me a room sans undies ;)

• Stayed August 2012
Perth, Australia
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I had to be down Busselton way over the weekend for business and decided just before heading down to stay an extra night down that way.

Booked the accommodation on the iPad app for Accor Hotels and this was a breeze and had confirmation SMS within 60 seconds. I arrived a little before 1300 and was told by reception that check in was at 1400 but they would check if my room was ready. Great, I have no problems with that kind of effort and when the staff member returned I was told my room was indeed ready. So check in was completed quickly and painlessly.

One downside was the head of housekeeping following the reception staff member out and pointedly discussing which rooms were available and it seemed to be the point of this is the way I want things done and I will tell you when rooms were available. Not a good look especially when the parting comment was " I will talk to you about it later '.

I felt sorry for the female receptionist as this kind of thing should not be seen front of house and is embarrassing to the staff members and hotel.

The rooms are basic and all things considered quite spacious but they do need some work. A little bit of a repaint and chips repaired in the wall. My room had a ceiling crack from wall to wall which was reported to front of house next morning.

This resort was very quiet and I put it down to mainly the time of the year as winter seems to be a period when few travel south to holiday unless school holidays. The restaurant ( Vittorio's ) offers a limited menu selection of both food and wine but the proportions are large and reasonably priced. One little touch was that they contact the room to confirm if you will be dining with them that night and I like this. The staff also call you by name which is a little too familiar in some places but here it works.

The beds were a little disappointing with the mattress a little to soft and the pillows were similar but once you got comfortable the overall sleep was not too bad.

I would probably stay here again and give it another try to see if it lives up to my previous experience. I left relaxed and refreshed after a hectic business meeting the day before.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Rowland R
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We got to All Seasons Bunbury late at night and the first room we where given stunk of smoke.We asked for a new room and got a upgrade to a two bedroon apartment which was great all round.Free internet acces was a bonus.Breakfast was included but pretty average.If we'd been made stay in the first room I think the rating would have been much much lower.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family