“AWESOME FOOD”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The Happy Wife is my favourite restaurant in Bunbury - a great selection of meals to choose from - they cater for every palette - gluten free - will adjust their meals to suit the individual requirements - I especially enjoy the Hippy Salad - they altered the roasted candied nuts to natural as I have gone sugar free - thus an amazing meal - nothing is too much trouble- my granddaughter wrote a review for her class as she liked going to this restaurant - hence the teachers all wanted to go there too

1  Thank Barneymac51

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I recently visited this little cafe during my stay in Bunbury and on both occasions found the service excellent and the food varied and beautifully presented. We managed to get a table outside overlooking the inlet which was fantastic. The food was beautiful and tasty with a lot of choice so I would highly recommend this little restaurant just a pity it did not open at night.

1  Thank Mary M
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Excellent, consistent, well prepared food with a little twist. Unlike most cafes Happy Wife has a really good chef producing night time dining for lunch and breakfast. The pies are recommended for lunch and crumpets for breakfast

1  Thank Dave_WA068
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stopped by The Happy Wife for lunch on the way back to Perth from Margaret River.

The exterior is not eye catching but once you step in, you would see that it is beautifully done up in whimsical nautical style and with artwork on the walls (for sale).

Food was not super outstanding but was good cafe food (and typical high WA prices). I had the Pumpkin and Goats Cheese Tart with Roast Garlic and Salad of Toasted Almonds, Apples and Apple Dressing ($18). The pumpkin and goats cheese tart was OK, not superb, but not bad while the salad portion was better. I thought the gnocchi was better. I don't recall there was a kids' menu. The cappucino was very good. The pear tart was forgettable.

Sitting at the back portion of the cafe or on the deck gave refreshing views of the inlet. I was hoping to see dolphins but unfortunately not one was sighted. I found it a bit chilly in early November to eat on the deck at the back overlooking the inlet but many people do.

It was crowded during lunch so service could be a little hurried. The ambience of this place seems to make up quite a big part of the experience compared to the food and service.

Overall we were happy to have picked this spot for a pit stop.

1  Thank Empressplace
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Hard to find - I didn't realise Stirling Street was broken in two but worth the drive.
It was a cold and windy morning so sitting on the deck outside was difficult but it is a pleasant cafe with a good variety of brakfast choices - not just your standard egg and bacon offers.
I had the baked beans with chirizo and eggs and it was excellent - good coffee too and pleasant staff.

1  Thank RonWamberal